1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

It's over.............

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by miakoda, Sep 6, 2007.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Today I got the phone call from the clinic that Miakoda's ashes were in. So I guess it is over......It is real.....It is finished. I am undecided as to where to spread her ashes, but for now she will reside in my bedroom where she loved to hang out.

We also filed the lawsuit today against Mr. S.O.B. and I need to send a heartfealt thanks to my good friend and attorney, Margaret, who worked all through the night for several nights over the past week & a half in order to get this going so quickly. It's not for much, but any monetary rewards won will be donated to a reputable cause whether it be for local "pit bull" spays/neuters or to reputable organizations that are actively fighting B.S.L.

And here's my favorite pic which will be included in my book of letters that will be distributed.
    (In case I didn't fill this board in, what we have decided to do for all those willing to write letters not just on Mia's behalf or my behalf but on the behalf of ALL 'pit bulls' and their owners, is to have everyone send their letters to a designated email address. We will collect the letters for a time period of about 2-3 weeks-& probably more. After that time, I will print out numerous copies and make them into one large "book" that will then be sent out to local news media and government officials. The idea came from Mr. Joe Greco who is a B.R. city councilman. He stated that truthfully most people delete the emails either before reading them or after reading only 1 or 2 lines. He said they tend to read hard copies more times than not and truthfully a book of 100+ letters is bound to peak interest and curiosity. Because for once we will all be speaking together as one loud voice. All letters should be addressed "To whom it may concern" or "Dear sir or madam" and I will post the email address after running it by Marty as it's normally against forum rules to post email addresses in an open forum. I can only ask that you all take some time to write a letter, even if it's only one or two paragraphs, and please refrain from foul language.)

RIP Miakoda (February 27, 2003 - August 26, 2007)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007
  2. RedNoseGurl

RedNoseGurl Big Dog

Im very sorry for your loss.....i have no clue what happened...is there somewhere where i can read up on this ?> PM me id luv to help in way possible

3. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I am so so sorry again. I know this is still such a sad time for you.

RIP Miakoda- play hard up in heaven girl

4. Michele

Michele Guest

what a beautiful girl. RIP and run free at the bridge.

Miakoda: Remember that even though the physical being is not here, the spiritual one will be with you forever.

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

just let me know when you need those e-mails by, and I will do my best to get one of to you.

6. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

The book is a great idea, and a wonderful tribute to Miakoda.

I wish you Best of luck with the lawsuit.

7. Mia, once again I am sorry for your loss.
    You can cont on plenty of us to sending a letter.
    I will start on mine today, and when you get the email addy, you let us know.
    I too think the book is a great idea.

RIP Miakoda, you wil be greatly missed

8. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

as i have said before i am sorry for what happened.but at least you are one more step to being finished with this.you just have to look on the bright side one day you will be with your best friend again,and she will be waiting for as long as it takes.i look forward to writing a letter or anything else i can for you.

9. hello

hello Pup

She Died On My B Day Rip

10. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I'm sorry you had to go through this. If its allowed and the mailing address is listed I'll write a few well thought out words speaking out for the breed and send it along.

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I've got an email account set up and so far I've received 7 letters from family & a few close friends. Let me run it by the staff to see if it would be ok, and then I'll post it.

12. Red_Chrome

Red_Chrome Big Dog

OH My. Miakoda- I am so very sorry for your loss. I read about it on another board and I cried like I'd never cried before. I loved your stories and pictures of Mia. Please pm me the info as I would love to write a letter also.

My deepest condolensces to you and Cole. May Mia watch over him and protect him as he grows. He now has a guardian angel.

13. Just wanted it to be know that I am still working on letter as I speak!
    I just want to be worth reading!

14. Michele

Michele Guest

what's the email address to write the letters?

15. ya...I cant find it either. I know it was here somewhere in one of these threads...it was something miakodatribute or something @ yahoo....

16. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

OMG i dont even know what happened, but im so sorry for ur loss!

17. Well I just finished finally....let me know where to send it!

18. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

19. bighead

bighead Pup

I just read the story of what happened .............I'm very sorry.........thatwas unreal............I can't imagine what would have happened to you or your child if she hadn't been there though..........

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

This is my letter, I will forward it on to the email address you publish...but I wanted all to know how I felt about this dog, this incident and this family. I am so truely sorry..........

Respectfully To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today to express a deep and woefully felt sorrow for a woman, her child and a dog. I have never met the woman, the child or the dog but feel a kinship so strong it brings me to tears when I think of what has happened to her and her family. This woman, someone I have bonded with over the topic of the Pit Bull, has been to me a source of knowledge, leadership and expertise when it comes to knowing and learning about my favorite breeds of dogs, the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT), the American Staffordshire Terrier (AST) and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier (SBT). I can tell you I am a better and more responsible individual for being associated with this wonderful woman and knowing of her beautiful APBT. In my time of need as a novice owner of my two Pit Bulls, this woman and her family were there to show me the proper way of owning and enjoying my two wonderful dogs. It is a tribute to her that my neighbors and family have not a thing to fear from my dogs because I have learned the right things to do and be, largely as result of our association.

So it is now a tragic memory, her beautiful APBT that was needlessly slaughtered by an irresponsible dog owner, as this valiant animal protected her owner and her owner’s infant son. It is a travesty that the press and many government officials are so quick to judge the Pit Bull breeds, but hardly ever stop to recognize a brave and selfless deed such as this dog exemplified. This animal died defending her owner from a run away, people aggressive Labrador Retriever, as she was attached to her owner at the end of a leash. She was ruthlessly shot to death as she held off this renegade dog from attacking a baby in a stroller simply because she was a Pit Bull.

So what is to be learned from this tragedy, simply this; Any dog can bite, any owner can be irresponsible and any dog regardless of it’s breed when owned responsibly can be a hero like this woman’s American Pit Bull Terrier, the brave and valiant Miakoda. RIP Miakoda (February 27, 2003 - August 26, 2007).