1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is my dog a pocket bully?

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by stevenseem, Jan 22, 2014.

1. To be honest this isn't really a forum for "American Bullies", there are plenty of forums out there though. On another note, you can't be positive of what he is without a ped. You might be able to "guess" from a picture but....from that pic it's impossible to tell.

2. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

My opinion is that the breeding of these "bullies" (and a lot of them ARE just APBTs -- with chondrodysplasia, which produces dwarf-like characteristics). It's a travesty against DOGS and the worst exploitation of a breed ever. Many of us have seen too many exploitations over the years and this one is the absolute worst. We are TIRED of it.

Try to understand that.

Honestly, I think a serious dog board, of ANY breed, should shun the idiots that breed these dogs. What's wrong with one of the rules being, "no bully talk". THere is no shortage of Internet devoted to these poor dogs. Their owners don't deserve space HERE.

3. Karvaly

Karvaly Pup

It is a mutt, and so is any other "pitbull" not registered in ADBA as American Pit Bull Terrier
    I fucking hate people who mix breeds just to get a special apperance for show, dogs should be bred for their mentality and abilities NOT their appearance, show breeding makes weak dogs..

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Tisk tisk now, you cannot say that because the adba is the ones that register a lot of that bullshit.

If your up shit creek without a paddle, chill out and float back down!

5. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

If ADBA registers litters from dogs that have ADBA papers and has no proof otherwise of paper-hanging, they pretty much have to register them, right? Unless they research every pedigree and inspect every dog at maturity....

At least ADBA does not carve out these particular dogs/pedigrees and recognize them as a breed. It IS up to US to study the peds and dogs and make our decisions. NO registry is any indication of quality. ADBA needs to keep educating, condemning the owners that breed these dogs and for ADBA judges to completely shun these types in their conformation rings, NOT to make them a breed!

I left UKC when they recognized these poor dogs as a breed. I think that is going to be a mess.

Truth is, many of these dogs ARE purebred. Breeders have bred on particular deformities and other faults which appear naturally in the dogs (one of the members here that recently passed on had a thread about chondrodysplasia in the breed); and it's not hard to change the appearance totally in one generation with the severe faults they breed for.

Maybe ADBA hasn't always done the right thing in the past, but in this instance -- for not recognizing something called an "American Bully", I thank them.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'm not gonna thank them for that. What you say doesn't make since to me, you thank them for not recognizing it as a separate breed, but in not doing that they are technically saying there is no difference between these bully bred dogs and the true apbt. And that my friend is where I have a problem with it

7. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Like any other registry, I believe ADBA has a process for general registration that is consistent -- ie the rules are the same for everyone: you send in a paper that lists that the parents are ADBA registered and whatever else they need and you get a registration app back. Some legit peds CAN produce what is called a "bully", but it is still purebred. A registry CANNOT know the quality of the dogs, but that is not their purpose.

I am not sure of how it works with SINGLE registration, but I hope they require a pedigree from a legit organization; not just some written out ped that cannot be verified with another legit registry. THAT is a problem if they don't do that. I also think that for the APBT, they should be VISUALLY inspected before they can be single-registered Set up a network of inspectors scattered around the country that can look at a dog and determine if it's worthy -- physically and temperament-wise -- to be let in to the registry (no matter the ped!). That may be where a lot of bad dogs get in. That might have to be tightened up.

Recognizing "bullies" as a separate breed means rewarding the idiots that breed them.

Registries are FULL of dogs that are awful representatives of their breed. When that happens, the registry's shows and education efforts should be aimed at condemning these dogs and shouting out what awful representatives of the APBT they ARE. You can't do that if you just say they are another breed that is SUPPOSED to look like that! Don't give the "bullies" any legitimacy anywhere! Recognizing "bullies" as a separate breed is rewarding the idiots that breed them!

They have their own very successful shows and registries. Leave them to their world and shun them in ADBA.

8. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

You DO shout out there is a difference, but you do it within the context of condemning and shunning people for exploiting the APBT, for breeding bad examples OF the breed that are not right. You don't give them the satisfaction and legitimacy of honoring what they have done by recognizing them as a new, carefully developed breed!

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Adba only gives a crap about about the fees they collect. You said that its a mutt unless its adba registered, but the adba registers mutts everyday.

10. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I didn't say that about "mutts" and ADBA.

But, how WOULD you have a registry just "stop" all registration of "mutts" (ie, dogs with questionable records/pedigrees). Who should be the ones to tell them who is legit and who is not?

Registries of all stripes have their problems and could do things better, but if ADBA cared only about the fees, then they WOULD make a "breed" out of "bullies", wouldn't they?

11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

It ain't about a registry to me, I could care less who the dogs are registered with.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I don't call em bullies, I call em pieces of shit.

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Gopitbull forum has lots of bully folks. u might try that forum. Also try the abkc. best of luck.