1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing Pappas!

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Zoe, May 5, 2006.

1. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This beautiful girl was over bred and left tied to a pole outside. Her owners were contacted but no one showed up to get her. :( After months of sitting in the shelter with little interest {for some reason those brindles seem to have a tough time, like black dogs, getting adopted}, Pappas' time was up and was due for euthanization. Luckily the shelter she was at is eager to work with rescue so they contacted Bully Buddies and the rest is history. :D She's only been here a couple days but already she has manged to win us over. She's doing awesome with the kids {She had an overnighter during her transport and LOVED their little year old baby as well!} and we're still working slowly with introductions with the dogs and cat to see how she will fair with other animals. She seems very low key for a pit and mature minded. We aren't really sure of her age as she likes to chew on rocks so her teeth are quite worn down so hard to use as an age indicater. So far she is very well behaved in the house, crate trained, and LOVES kongs! I can't wait until she is healed up after her spay so we can see what she likes to do for fun! :)

You can check out her petfinder page on the Bully Buddies website!

http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/BC134.html

2. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I think she's a pretty girl. I love the brindles.

3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

She is a beautiful girl! I hope you all find her a great home! Good Luck! ;)

4. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

cant ever understand why ppl would give up their dog. the dog looks good. hope she finds a good home

5. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

She seems to be a good girl, from what ya say. I hope she finds a good home soon.

6. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

What a cutie. Love the crazy ears! I hope she finds a good home.

7. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Nice looking dog. Hope she finds a good home.

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

This girl is really growing on me. She's very obedient, has just enough energy that she is fun but not too much that she is annoying! lol She is very athletic and agile and LOVES the tire swing, a fair amount of toy drive but is easily called off. And what a wiggle but! I'm starting to think that is how her back end got so ripped. She could easily be conditioned into one mean machine. Word of warning..... if you hold up a toy and try to get her to sit, you will be bombarded with a serious of blood curdling, glass shattering, ear drum popping, high pitched barks which will make you regret even knowing the word sit! :eek:

We took a few shots of her in the yard today playing with Daemon's new tire swing/spring pole/pully invention! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

God bless her! Love the coloring, she looks great!

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Thought I'd post up a few new picks of Pappas. :D

Here she is doing one of her favorite things! CHEWING! lol We can sit through a movie and she will chew the whole time. She just loves it. We put a blanket under her though because she gets pretty goobery! lol

[​IMG]

Whoever ends up adopting her better put up a springpole for her as her life would not be complete without a daily go on her favorite toy! :)

[​IMG]

And here she is just being her cute self!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

She's a beauty! I can't believe she hasn't been adopted yet?

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Me either actually. She's very well behaved, fun, spunky but extremely responsive and not hard to handle at all. Although, four/five months seems to be around the average I have most fosters. That's ok.... I'm not in any hurry to see her go! lol

13. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

After a few months in the shelter and six months in foster care Pappas hopped on a plane today to try a new family on for size! Keep your fingers crossed that this will be her forever home.
    [​IMG]

14. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Goodluck with finding her a home! She is a beautiful girl!

EDIT: She has the same ears as my Stuka!