1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Intro to dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Searcy Jeff, Aug 7, 2007.

1. isn't it amazing how they think they can just sign up with a new name and start more shit. GOOD CALL!

2. Stop bothering yourself because of this teen, BB. Just left behind.
    ;)

Up to topic.

3. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

well got introduced back in 1975..my two oldest brothers lived in a bad area of california..and were into the fast lane..you name it..and had some serious game dogs and friends with game dogs..i was always impressed..my friends dad got a small brindle dog(staff.bull?)bad ass little dog.he got her as payment..he didnt want the dog so he gave it to us.and we where bad kids with a hill full of farrol cats..so thats when my love really kicked in..this dog would climb twenty feet into a tree and fall shaking the hell out of mister mittens.since then have grown and have learned alot..but im still learning..now i live in brazil and dabble a bit in roosters and dogs..nothing too serious.

4. Curious

Curious Pup

wtf are u talkin about

5. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Dude, find another site. Im not trying to hurt your little feelings but just go. This site is for grown ups. Not 16 year old Trolls. A 16 year old young man? Yes. You are a SH*T talking Troll. Buh Bye. ps. Kinda funny how someone who has never owned a Gamedog in his life can come on a Gamedog site and call seasoned people "Ignorant" ;)

6. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I apologize to everyone for being off topic. I asked others to take it to pm's and I contradicted myself. Thanks for the edit Drycreek. I acted on impulse and that was bad judgement on my part. I appreciate everyone posting so far.

Boogieman, now I know how you feel. :)

7. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i think the topic is cool..i just wouldnt have started it for curious..but by all means i would also like to here when everyone got there first apbt...hey curious...tricks are for kids ,silly rabbit..

8. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

I didn't start it for Curious. I started it for everyone. I was interested in how all of us here got started into dogs. Figured it was a good way to learn about one another and share some stories. Hopefully more stories to come. :)

9. Curious

Curious Pup

i didnt call him that because what he knows about dogs im calling him that because what he says, he miss quotes me when the stuff i said was right above him, and hes supposed to be the "grown up" an yet he's going on threads trying to make fun of me thats real mature, an i dont see how i talk shit just because i respond to what some one says with my honest opinion? People like boogie are the reason most people dont take the time out to learn, i bet a few people looked at my thread and seen how stupid people were acting talkin about they smell bacon, or people saying i said no shows in nc an etc when i clearly stated not in my part or if they were i know no body show does that. Or mis quoting me again saying i was talking about the people on the board when i said they leave there dogs in there back yards doing nothing when i was talking about the majority of people in my "city", but what ever im done talking to the "grown ups" like you.

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

This is an old story I posted last year...sorry for the length.
    It sparked a little bit of debate, being that the APBT in the story was used as a guard dog. Just to clarify, the man who owned the dog had ridden horses in the US Cavalry (RIP- he died in 1998 at the age of 88) and had experience with APBTs in the service and always insisted on having one work for him.
    Anyhoo- this dog sparked my intrigue with the breed, and if it weren't for this story he wouldn't be known by anyone.
    Inspired to tell the story of "Toughie"- a Pit Bull you would never have known
    <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Wow- spend just a few moments reflecting on childhood, and memories come back like a flood. I want to share a story about an APBT named Toughie, and if it weren't for his memory I fondly have from my childhood- none of you would ever have known he existed.
    I met Toughie over 20 years ago, when I was a horse crazy little girl spending all my days at the stables. A dog like Toughie could not survive in this world today- no way. A dog like Toughie has no place in this world today, and is not welcome or appreciated by the masses. People do not admire or respect dogs the way they used to. We were told Toughie was child aggressive, so we wouldn't mess with him. We kids were told to steer clear of his 13' or so x 13' or so kennel during the day, where he enjoyed taking in the sun and chewing on the frequent "mystery bone" the owner of the barn (a fine septogenarian horseman named Marvin Long) would toss to him. We did not taunt this dog, nor did we wish to. It would have been our butts in a sling to do so anyway. I shared an occasional quiet moment at a good distance revering this awesome dog, but I knew he did not like "my kind" and I respected him for that. Occasionally he would humor me and give me a soft, quick look of mutual respect, which I remember made me feel a little taller than my 4 foot child self.
    At 5 o'clock every day his tail would start to wag his butt, and he started whining. We kids gave him a good wide berth as we were told, and watched as one of the older employees approached Toughie's kennel with a horse lead meant for a stallion, and a tennis ball. Toughie would dutifully sit for his handler (tail twitching) as he clipped on the horse lead to his collar, and wait for his glorious moment: when the tennis ball got thrown. 10 maybe 15 throws- each time blazing after the ball closer to his assigned post for each and every evening: To guard the barn office/tack room and eat his dinner. The cardinal rule: Do not go in the tackroom after 5 o'clock.
    I always wondered what Toughie would do to someone who went in there- and I got to see it first hand one evening. A girl -10 or 11 years old at the time- had a late lesson, forgot it was past 5, and marched in the tackroom to put up the saddle, turning the key (Which was always left in the door until the barn manager left) and forgetting the rule. I saw her walk in before I could say anything. The barn manager went in, and Toughie immediately released the girl. He had just held her there. One hold. Bruised and scared-but not hurt-she walked out of the tackroom, where she was met by her angry mother. Angry- not at the dog, or the management for having a "vicious" dog- she was flaming mad at her own daughter for being careless and not taking the necessary precautions which had been drilled into our heads. No talks of lawsuits, no animal control came to confiscate Toughie.
    The next day all the kids (about 8 of us) were lectured less than kindly about how important it was to follow the rules of the barn, and told we would only be welcome under our own parental supervision for lessons once a week if we failed to follow any more rules. For our own safety and for the safety of the animals- we must follow the damn rules. Times sure have changed.
    Toughie continued his evening tennis ball romps toward his tackroom post, and enjoyed several more years chomping "mystery bones" in the sun.
    Toughie wasn't known for anything but being Toughie- a dog with a job he dutifully filled. He was respected, and he was a good dog.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  11. Curious

Curious Pup

Now that was a good story at first i was like what in the world cuz it seemed as if u were talkin bad about toughie then as i red farther i got why he wouldnt have been accepted into todays world and etc.

12. Start all over again, then.

Be more respectful if you want to stay here.

I'm just warning you... don't need to call me "ignorant" again.

Take your time to learn, list what te more experienced ones here have to say and avoid to say no sense things.

Welcome to the Pit Bull Community.

13. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Oh I was thinking how handy a remote training collar might be right now...;)

14. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

only one real way to cull the litter...after see what is worth training.do you think he would wear a collar if we got him one..