1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview with Carmen Corvino by D.M. Norrod.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by C2K, May 18, 2012.

1. LOL,, Mike I am not here to do any marketing for any families or lines, I simply noted the fact about Heinzl's Ollie to show that the man who passed on the information to me did indeed have contact with the people involved is all.

What I am more interested in is the discrepancies involved with the whole "Eli" and "Billy" history, which as you can clearly see exist. Although you have given us great information regarding who gave what for the dogs, you never addressed the discrepancies in the dates of the different dogs,, such as the fact that according to YOU, Dibo was born in 1952, and according to Floyd, so was Billy! How can this be?????

So lets take for granted that Heinzl dogs are crap (especially mine) and that OFRN are the greatest in the world and this way we can discuss the really important issues which are the TRUTH behind some of the important dogs of the breed.
    I have understood these discrepancies for many years which is why the only thing that drives my selection of my (Eli) dogs is performance and I pay little to no attention to what their papers say as I don't believe a word in them before the dogs I saw bred or bred myself. However, as far as the Heinzl side of my dogs (they are an Eli/Heinzl cross) there is absolutely no doubt in my mind as to the veracity of their papers.

Do you have any opinion on those discrepancies I mentioned? I am hoping that with your close relationship to all these people involved you may be able to shed some light on the subject.

*By the way, when I speak of the "papers" of my dogs what I mean is their breeding, as I do not and did not ever register my dogs because I don't need someone I don't know that is 8000 km. away to tell my how my dogs are bred. I would however like to know some of the truth that is behind them.

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I don't take stock in some one who wasn't in the know or around at the time it took place.
    People have to go by what Howard stated not from some one who came around decades later!

There are no discrepancies involved with the whole "Eli" and "Billy" history.
    You have been listening to many BS rumors. Since Floyd didn't write the interview, again I don't take stock in it when I talked to Steve Boudreaux in 1967 long before I knew Floyd and he told me directly about Blind Billy and he came from him and his father. Any one tells differently is full of shyt!
    I was there in East Texas, I know what Steve stated to me, Steve was a born again Christian, he didn't lie to friends and family. Thou he was a Texan and would exaggerate maybe on quality or other things but he wouldn't out and out lie. Steve just soon say nothing then to lie about some thing.

I don't care of some misprint of an interview with Floyd because Floyd didn't have Blind Billy he came from Steve and his Steve's father. The dog went to Clayton not Floyd.
    Now if Floyd did make the mistake and state Billy was born in 1952 he was wrong.
    Remember, I too also knew directly where Billy came from. Steve was my father was best friend for over 40 years.
    Read "The Story of an Unknown Dogman."
    Ya know what? I'm tired of this Cry Baby shyt about Eli.
    Eli was born years after the litter off Cry Baby. Here is some thing else, Cry Baby was returned so why wasn't the breeding repeated if some one thought Eli was off her.
    The same person who spread this rumor also claim our dog Spike was from his stock!!! ROTFLMMFAO!
    He tried to claim every good dog he had some thing to do with.
    He lied, cheated and stole and not to mention immoral acts.

What is funny about all this BS about whose dogs came from whos "The Reverend" Howard Heinzl stated there never was black dogs until this stock came around and claimed they were all off Black Labs. LMAO.
    I guess Howard forgot about the Henry dogs which came black and others.

Again you put words in people's mouth, I never stated Heinzl dogs were crap, just wanted you to know I had personally seen them and knew about them.
    Hell I also left out K.Topp's Ch. Hombre lost to Koko's brother Ch. Flash.
    It happened so fast Topp's went out and got his son and Flash expired him too!

To me there is no discrepancies with Eli, just a jealous man still fighting his part of the 100 year war.
    Repeat the story long enough some fools will sooner or later begin to believe the BS.
    Funny when Maurice was a live, you can't find a word ever wrote about any discrepancies about any dogs!!
    Why is this? No discrepancies when someone was alive or when the dog was and not a word until decades after he too had to get rid of all his dogs!
    Over 25 years of D..k Riding off his pass since having his kennel.

I have went down this road of the Great Debate before. There is no stock or truth in any of it.
    You want to get caught up in the rumor mill of hatred of others, then that is on you.
    Look close enough at the persons telling those BS stories you find the truth about them and why they lied.

I find it totally ridiculous when people discredit dogs YEARS after the people or the dogs are dead but never said a word when the dog was alive or the person.

Now lets not hi-jack this thread for others personal gain.
    Many people would like to know the truth about a legend of a dogman from the people who knew him the best.
    No rumors or gossip.

3. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

Mike, I never claimed that Joe didn't SUPPLIED dogs for matches but he didn't handled or conditioned them as far as I KNOW. I heard that some of the best conditioners worked his dogs. By the way Mike, some of your statements are hard to verify because Joe Corvino is gone, Sonny Sykes is gone, Pat Bodzianowski is gone. Anyway, I don't care about all this arguing here, I just wanted to make a few things clear...thats all...

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Well as far you know, well you are wrong.
    He did handle dogs and he did condition dogs.
    Why would some one make tread mills and not condition dogs? LOL
    He also was a blacksmith by trade, you don't think he was strong enough to handle a dog?
    Who do you think taught Sonny?
    Who do you think taught Sonny to he a fairer?

No, none of mine are hard to verify then any what some one else's has wrote.
    Do you think for a minute I didn't know my grand father or watch what he did and how he did things?
    Do you think I never talked to my mother or father about their father or my aunts and uncles?

I showed pictures over 30 years ago where I stood in Mrs. Corvino's home with her oldest son and grand son.
    I also will be showing letters with correspondence with Joe's other sons.
    Now personally I don't care if you think I never talked to Jackie or Joe Jr. Corvino.
    Mrs. Corvino or her sons and daughters and the many grand kids.

How come is it that people are so willing to believe some one who wasn't around a man for less then 10 years over his own family?
    Is it because they aren't involved in the interview?
    "Closer to the source, fresher the water"---Floyd Boudreaux.

5. I did not intend to hijack this thread, I appologize if that is what it turned into.
    You are right about Heinzl saying that no true apbt was black.
    I guess I will never know the truth behind my dogs, but I want to thank you for the info about Steve and all.

As far as Don goes, this is what he told me about some of the dogs, which is why I have interest in them...

"The hardest and gamest dogs sired by Eli was out of the Corvino bitchs that John Cotton and Jr. Bush bred to him ,,,,they were all game and wining dogs ,,,I allways belived the Zebo dog was one of them and he was sired by Eli when Eli was a stolden dog from John Cottons yard ,,,,,then Eli was shiped to the Indians yard in Calif. and bred to some more bitches"

I have personally seen a cross like this win his Ch, and thought he was an incredible bulldog who earned his title the old fashioned way.

I will look for and read the story of the unknown dogman and I await the interview as well.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me, I appreciate it.

6. I see I am coming to this late. My name is Dino Corvino. My father was Joe Corvino Jr. My grandpa was Joe Sr.

If I can help in anyway, feel free to email me. It was nice to see so many familiar names.

7. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

Now y'all non believers have gone & done it! Mr. Corvino good to see you on here. I hope will help to untangle some stories.

8. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

Well Mike, I saw more than just one fellow who made treadmills but not even KEPT bulldogs. Anyway, I'm NOT telling you that Joe wasn't strong enough to handle a dog! I know he rolled and tested them hard...all I'm saying is that Joe Corvino didn't matched and conditioned his dogs. Mike, I don't doubt that you knew Jackie, Joe Jr. Corvino or anybody else - I actually saw the photos with you and your brother with the Corvinos - but it has nothing to do with matching or conditioning...

9. Hello Dino and welcome to your thread lol. Perhaps you can maybe comment about an old rumor that is around about your late grandfather sending a "red" dog to Mr. Bass to be used for a show and if there is any truth to it?

10. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I know who you are. I talked to your father when he was in WI. It was through Jackie.
    When I speak to Carmen and Donny, I would like to invite you for your imput about your father and grand father and family.
    BTW I'm sorry to here of your father passing. Carmen told me about it.
    I hated to hear about Tony as well.

11. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Let me ask you about just one match, who matched Smiling Jack and Corvino's Thunder?
    Now I know you never called Jack because he would have told he had saw Joe bring a dog and Sonny handled it back when Joe started to get ill.
    You now have Dino on this thread. He too know his grand father matched dogs.
    I know of a Dino who live out towards Joliet who had dogs.
    Oh that right, according to "Lord Sonny" none of the Corvino kids or grand kids had anything to do with the dogs.

BTW Dino's father, Joe Jr. when he was a young kid was conditioning and was out walking Corvino's Blackie when Howard Heinzl pulled up and stole the dog from him and took him to Earl Tudor.

Oh that right, none of Joe Sr. kids conditioned the dogs according to "Lord Sonny".
    BULL SHYT! And Bull Shyt to those so called experts who thinks they know what the Corvino family did!

12. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

A "Red Dog" don't you think you need to narrow it down a bit?
    Like the dog's name would be nice? Just a thought.......

13. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

You're right Mike, I didn't called Jack. Actually we haven't talked for a few months but he told me a lot about Joe Corvino and I know what are you're talking about Mike. I guess you're talking about "Lord Sonny" :) handling Boogie against Reno who was handled by the Irishman. Right? Look, I don't know who handled Smilin' Jack but I know he lost to Thunder in the late 30's and Thunder was purchased by Joe sometime after. Maybe you have the report? I don't...

14. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

I guess he's talking about RedBoy? ;)

15. Mike since it's just an old rumor I figured I would only give "half" of the dogs name,,, but how many dogs were sent to Bass to use?.... red boy yes,, Mr. SDJ has his thinking cap on. lol
    I'm just curious is all.

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I knew who you thought you meant, only a couple of problems, now if everyone had their thinking caps on you would know, by using simple math, that Joe never sent a dog to Bass for a couple of reasons.
    1. the easiest, Bass wasn't in dogs when Joe was alive.
    2. Red Boy hadn't been born until almost more then a decade after Joe died.

17. Ok thanks Mike that clears some things up. Any ideas how a Cobly dog ended up with a red nose?

I understand if you don't want to answer this, I realize it has nothing to do with this thread. But it could have if the rumor was true lol.

18. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I met an old guy through Billy S. that had an old Corvino mill.He said the mill was the best of its time and put newer ones to shame.He sent it Bob Lemm to fix a few things on it.Hey Mike what made Joe's mills so good? Also where did Joe start with the dogs and who taught Joe?

19. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I have one sitting in OH.
    There are still a couple around. In fact there is a person on this forum who has Joe's turn table.

20. phill

phill Top Dog

i know i think he's gonna give it to me one day