1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview with Carmen Corvino by D.M. Norrod.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by C2K, May 18, 2012.

1. I understand Mike, I saw an interview with Pete and the way he was describing the dogs in his yard, well there is no way a person could know what he did about them if he didn't do them.... at least it seemed to me that way.

I knew Ritcheson owned Bambi at the time of breeding, but I also thought he owned Bouncer as well! According to Heinzl, W.D. Smith had bred them without his consent when he went into town...?
    There was a Williams out in Colorado, I belive he was responsible for the dog Turk that later went to Tudor. Is this the same Williams from Chicago? Out of Turk came Jerry -->Gimp and Shorty, is this right?

Jerry had a son named Blaze who was bred to his sister Jinx and produced Crazy who ended up with Al Brown who renamed her Blonde Scratch. She was bred to another son of Turk named Brindle Spike and produced Ritcheson's Spike, the sire of the Bambi bitch.

Cunningham in Illinois owned another son of Jerry named Boxer who was bred to Tudor's Goldie that was owned by Jordan at the time and out of them came Corvino's Gimp and Corvino's Goldie. They were bred together and produced Hubbard's Gimp.

... is this accurate information?

2. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Interview and knowing some one and being to their yard and seeing his dogs unmarked is another. At the end Pete was using a lot of the Lee's Candyman blood. Pete wanted me to help finance printing of early Volumes of Your Friend & Mine.
    You need not to take my word for it, ask Jack Kelly or Nick the Greek if Pete did.

No Wiz Hubbard had Bouncer.
    I have pictures him with the dog.
    Then he was sent to Joe and was called Corvino's Bouncer.
    Bounce's sire was Hubbard's Gimp off Corvino's Gimp, dam Hubbard's Lena off Gimp's brother Shorty.

In all the years I have known and talk to Howard he told the same BS story of Dibo being Dumbo and got him from a kid he trade a Collie for.
    This story was changed by others, not Howard.
    I never put much stock in some one's word who would steal a dog from a kid...

No Jim Williams was from Mt. View Oklahoma. I got dogs from him and Leon Kimball.
    Many, many years ago there was a Jack Williams but not as known as Jim. Jim was the Sheriff and is the 1 who knew Earl.

I said Wilson not Williams from Chicago.
    Bambi's sire was bred down from Corvino's Gimp.
    In the last 4 generations of Dibo's pedigree, Corvino's name appears the most, then Wiz Hubbard, then Earl Tudor.

No Cunningham was the owner of Fly of Panama and produced Shorty, Gimp and Boxer aka the Box Dog.
    Father of Prince Valent as he appears in Bentley's Suzie Que's pedigree.
    I have the only known picture of Boxer that I took right off Cunningham's wall.
    On the back he had wrote Litter Mate brother to World Champion Corvino's Shorty!
    Now what would Cunningham been referring to if Joe never matched a dog?
    Seems every one else knew he did!

I can't be the only on this forum who knew these people mentioned in this thread, am I?

3. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Shaping to be a great piece of history!

Mike, we need to get together sometime. I am not to far from you and you recently spoke with a friend that I sent your way. Matt. Anyway, maybe this summer we can meet up and you can flood my brain with old stories or minimal I will drive Matt up to see ya and we can meet then! Till then keep doing what you do. :)

4. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

IM has stories and knowledge to drop. I have never spoken to him personally but I get to hear a lot of good stories from my friend jr who is good friend with IM.

5. Well I'll take your word for it on Pete, but the man seemed to know his dogs pretty well,, maybe it was at an earlier time.

About the Dibo story, the bs one you talk about is the generally accepted version, however I got another version from the man who got Howards dogs after he passed that is a bit different. I tend to accept his version because first I trust the man and believe him to be honest and second, it would explain a lot of things regarding some other stories that didn't add up.

What I was told is that Ritcheson's yard hand at the time, W.D. Smith liked the Bambi bitch but Ed did not. One day while Ed was out, Smith bred her to the Bouncer dog and a few months later Smith showed up at Howards with a male pup. It seems that when Ed found out he was so mad he kicked Smith out and Smith took one of the pups with him. Howard helped him out and straightened it out with Ed so that Smith could return. When he left, he left with Howard the male pup, who would become Dibo. Later on, Ed gave Howard the Bambi bitch as well.

Perhaps the story was made up about the collie in order to not make the problems between Ed and Smith public? Also, from what I understand, the Billy dog that belonged to Floyd's uncle was bred out of Howards yard, when Dibo used to run free in it (?).

I am not arguing here, simply trying to confirm or negate what I belive to be the truth.
    I'm sure your interview will do much in that direction.

6. Oh and the thing about the Billy dog is that, it would explain why Floyd gives a birthdate on the dog that is prior to Tudor owning him....

7. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

I'll be in Coldwater tomorrow night and saturday. :)

8. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Just like I said, SOME ONE ELSE told another story. Well Howard had the Dibo dog so I guess he would have known where he came from. As far as Bambi goes, any thing is possible because she was a rank cur which would screem when a dog hit her.

I don't believe Smith had the balls to take another man's dog and breed it with out permission. Well where was Ed when she was bred and carrying the pups, don't every one think Ed would have known when his dog looked bred??

No you are wrong about Blind Billy, he wasn't bred at Howard's but at Earl's.
    Az Pete to Bambi to produced Minnie, Minnie to Dibo to get Billy.
    Where does all this BS come from? You know good and well I knew the Texas Boudreaux family pretty good, as in the Story of an Unkown Dogman.

Oh yes, I lived in Texas too. My Ironworkers Local is 135. Again I knew the truth from BS.

Are you claiming Howard let dogs cur breed on his yard?

Why is it these days people like BS rumors about the past and so willing to believe the shitest story told?

Well I knew Ruben P and I also knew the group in Snowflake who had Howard's dogs after he died.
    None of these people were around when Dibo was born. Nor any of them knew anything until years later.

There is one thing you said, sounded true.
    They made their claim after Howard had passed away because they never would had the balls to have said it to him when he was alive!
    IMO I believe the story of Smith and Ed is BS.
    I think the BS story teller last name starts with an M. LOL

9. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Birthdate before who? Dibo was born in 1952. Billy wasn't until years later.
    Man some one blew smoke up your ass and told you it was sun shine!

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

where will this interview be available & what media is it going to be on.

11. As far as I know Dibo was 3 years old when Tudor got him, in 1955/56.

I don't know who M. is, the person who told me the story never published it, never commented on it. I asked, he told me. You want to know where I got the story from, my dogs are bred like this...
    http://dogarchive.kennel-apbt.com/details.php?id=96351

When did Tudor get Az. Pete and Bambi? As far as I know they were on Heizl's yard....
    Why did Tudor say he never bred Billy? I have him on tape saying that, why would he do that?

12. Oh I see,, you mean M. as in Mayfield lmao,,,, nope wasn't him lol.

13. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Hey Mike didn't a man named John Ferris have some Corvino dogs?

14. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Tudor didn't breed Az. Pete and Bambi Howard did as it says on paper.
    From this breeding it produced Tudor's Minnie and then Earl bred Dibo to Minnie.
    Are you saying Howard bred Dibo to Minnie before Howard sent Minnie to Earl?
    Before he gave Dibo to Tudor.
    I would have to check with UKC to see who did breed Minnie to Dibo.
    I was told it was Tudor.
    Would explain a couple of things.
    But since you never lived in LA., Texas, OK., N.M. AZ. you don't why they did what they did.
    I do. LOL It was like watching the 100 year war.

That what I said, Dibo was born in 1952, Red Devil in 1958. So how could Blind Billy be born before Dibo when his DOB is later then 1952?

15. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

That isn't who I meant. I meant Phil's partner.

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

No, there was a Mike (the Irishman) Ferris in Orlean Park IL. who had Little Chief, litter mate to our dog Mokena, Bodzainowski's Flash, Kelly's Susie, Maxillian, ect.
    Mike had other Corvino stock.

17. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

LOL A, you're not serious are you? Those guys are very modern day dogmen. Those aren't old school. I told you I knew Ruben P. He is why back in that pedigree.
    And He hasn't been around long enough to remember when Howard wrote the colum for Bloodline Journal!
    Come on! :))))))))))))

18. Mike I don't believe I ever stated that anyone was "old school", however the man that bred the sire to a majority of my dogs is well in his 80's. He was the person who got Howard's last 14 dogs and tended to Howards dogs when Howard was alive.
    Heinzl's Ollie was bred by him and he was responsible for his only win against Cali Jack. That was the last time he showed a dog and at that time he was still registering them in Howard's name. In his living room there is the original picture of Maloney's Strider in match.

Now Mike please take a look at this exerpt from the interview with Floyd and you tell me what you think ok?

"Is your good stock mostly Corvino? Yes. What I did…. My BLIND BILLY dog was born in 1952 and I bought him in 1953. My uncle had four Ace roosters and we traded them with Earl Tudor for BLIND BILLY. He was a son of DIBO and he wouldn’t fight until he was 2 ½ years old."

According to YOU, this is what you stated... "Birthdate before who? Dibo was born in 1952. Billy wasn't until years later.
    Man some one blew smoke up your ass and told you it was sun shine! "

Does this seem right to you???

19. Please recall that Dibo was not owned by Tudor until the year 1955/56.....

20. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

So what I have one of the original pictures when Cassius Clay beat Strider!

That is no claim to fame beating CA. Jack.
    He won 1 off the chain then the next 3 he lost and that is all he did and one he lost with, was the 1 he won OTC with!

First off Floyd didn't get the dogs from his Uncle, his father Clayton did and the year was in the late 50's. Blind Billy didn't come from Earl, He came from Floyd's Uncle. I know this for a fact!

I know when Steve Boudreaux (1967) told me he sent Billy and the rest of their dogs to Clayton because they had to boom out for Ironwork.
    Game Cocks were easier to take care for then dogs, for Steve's wife and his mother.
    There was no deal with Earl for any game cocks. Clayton traded his brother Burtain and his Nephew Steve 4 game cocls for the dogs.

Ch. Iron Spike 4xw R.O.M. won over a son of a pure Heinzl male off Heinzl's Rachel.
    Later Ch. Iron Bobcat won 1:49 over the same dog going up hill 9# OTC.