1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Information about APBT bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Soufian77, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Soufian77

Soufian77 Pup

Hey, i'm from London and new to this. I have a Blue nose Pitbull as a family pet.
    Im becoming more intrested in APBT terrier bloodlines and the sport so i'd like some information on APBT bloodline like the top Bloodlines,
    How to make a game bred dog?
    And a basic Introduction into this sport
    any recomended books?

Thanks

2. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Read this site, there are some really good articles on here in the history section, use the search tool and read read read look for the answers and then read some more.

I'll answer a few of your questions. But I would be hush hush about having a ApBullTerrier in London, they are illegal last I checked.

The most popular bloodlines today are Eli bred Dogs, RedBoy/Jocko bred dogs, and Jeep bred Dogs. There IS NO single top best bloodline, Think of it as a BIG game of Rock Paper Scissors.

As for how to 'make' a game dog, You CANNOT make a non-game dog a Game Dog,,,, Game Dogs are Born from Game Dog lineage all the way back to the 1700's... You wouldn't put a Mule (or anything but the best bred TB) In the Kentucky Derby...

Richard F. Stratton is a good author for newbies and has a good base of books to start you off...

3. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

good luck in the game

4. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Well, you don't start with a Blue one.... but there is no BEST.

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

well.....as you say you are uk id have to ask you what do you mean by sport?? and IF you are from london im sure theres lots a laddos in that part of your country that have some similar dogs to your own!

6. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

its good you are interested in the bloodlines. it can be interesting researching where certain dogs came down from and what was achieved to create certain traits within those lines.
    the history of the sport of old can be researched in depth these days, with lots of info out there to read, this site has some great historical articals and such.

you can not make a game dog, they are born.
    what sport are you looking at getting into? weight pull etc...
    there is another thread at the moment on available books out there to read. they can be found, but it will take some looking and prices vary greatly, depending on the said book and also who may be selling them.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  7. RADOSAV

RADOSAV Pup

is it possible to identify the dog bloodline,only by its appearance?
    thanks in advance

8. dmack102

dmack102 Big Dog

Negative even tho some lines have distinct looks but they all dont come out like that..