1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Important Question About Owning A Adba Pit

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjawpitz, Apr 29, 2004.

1. My Friend Is Thinking About Getting A Pit Pup.see He Already Has A Fat Basset Hound That Is A Nutered..male And A Female Min Dobie,the Pup Is A Female Do You Think He Will Have A Problem In The Coming Years Or Will They Be All Right If There Brought Up Together She 9 Weekss??????

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

A bulldogs nature is to be dog aggressive. Some dogs are more aggressive than others, some are crazy suma bitches that will not take kindly to any animals. A buddy of mine has a male that is only aggressive when its time to work, other times he'll let a young dog hang off his head. In my opinion, I would advise your friend AGAINST getting a bulldog until he learns more on the breed, as owning this breed takes more responsibility than your average dog. Good luck.
    BB

3. gator

gator Big Dog

I would agree that introducing the bulldog to the other 2 dogs could be a problem. Maybe not right now but in a couple of months the problems might start,I think that learning more abouth the breed first is the only way to go. Good luck.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Bassets hounds can be quite territorial and domiante, too. and since it can be sometimes hard to know exactly how a pup will turn out, the two breeds might not work.

5. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

Print off the Defination of Gameness thread for your friend to read. If he understand this, he will make the right choice.

6. gator

gator Big Dog

I have a basset hound and he doesnt give a shit about anything and never get excited about anything...

7. 3BK

3BK Pup

hehehe! LOL! I know wut u mean! I had one once... damn dawg! U wouldn't even notice that he's in the same room with yah! Stands up only when he wants to go out, eat, and move to a different sleeping or sitting spot! But he does BARK alot at night! Kinda annoying! I traded that dog for a Jack Russel Terrier! Such a smart ass li'l dog! :D

yis... 3BK

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

When we were doing alot of pit rescue work, I talked with a lady that rescued Bassets and found a pit bull..thats what she said that the Bassets could be pretty domiante over their territory. She said that the Bassets would try to go after the APBT lol..

Which reminds me of the English Bulldog I had ..not those short fat ones you see but the taller, lighter versions. She taught one of my boys how to wrestle lol..funniest thing you'd ever see..a apbt running from a english bulldog. I've got videos of my male running with a stick in his mouth and her hot on his heels..

9. MMK

MMK Guest

yeah this breed dfinetly isnt a good choice for a multiple pet house. but there are exeptions. i bought a nephew of cash 2xw when i first got into the dog game and he ended up being a freak that grew too damn big. he got too big for me so i gave him to my mother as she fell in love with the dog. he isnt real aggressive with young dogs and i always allowed him to play and wrestle with the youngins. he would lay on the ground and wrestle with them getting his lips tore up sometimes pretty bad but wouldnt bite hurt them ever. but when it came time to see a [] he would do his damn thing. now he is just my mothers big gentle bunk buddy that keeps her feet warm while she sleeps and is the teacher when it comes to teaching the young dogs how to wrestle. i also have a female i bought when i was 16 that i use for the same thing. she will wrestle but wont hurt young dogs atleast till they become mature, but after hitting maturity they cant be around her anymore and she will jump on them in a minute. and would kill them fairly quickly as the bitch has to much mouth for a little young dog.
    MMK

10. gator

gator Big Dog

I have two Jacks and one of them is only 6 weeks old and he is already thinking he is larger than life. I love those Jacks they are a great little dog to have around the yard to keep things away.

11. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Research....Research....Research.... Best thing your friend can do.

12. MMK

MMK Guest

no one could have said it better.

MMK

13. gator

gator Big Dog

Opinions and ideas are a good place to start but research is where you find the real answers. Good luck my friend.