1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

(im new here) yard supplies

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jay79, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jay79

jay79 Pup

where do yall breeders get yalls chains and (i dont know what there called but the things you put in the grounds to hold you chains) for your yard.

2. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

have you owned an american pit bull terrier before?

3. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

ask G kennels.

4. jay79

jay79 Pup

no i just got 1 pup what do you mean ask g kennels

5. jay79

jay79 Pup

any body want to help me out and give me a link

6. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  7. jay79

jay79 Pup

dose any body know 1 link with chains for sale

8. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

www.homedepot.com

9. jay79

jay79 Pup

did not see any thing thinks anyway

10. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

check your hard ware store.

11. jay79

jay79 Pup

ok i will do that

12. Brothermarree

Brothermarree Top Dog

God Bless!!!!!!!! And Stay Encouraged With Your New Pup!!!!!!!!!!

13. Magneeto

Magneeto Big Dog

2 words TRACTOR SUPPLY. Call and ask your vet about mounthly shots and daily vitimans, make a list, and go shoppin. Pick up some Red Cell. If you dont have a tractor supply in your town, try lowes. As for "The things we stick in the ground", go to your local junkyard and ask for front wheel axles,$5 - $10 a piece, as long as you tell them its for a dog tieout and not a car.

14. jay79

jay79 Pup

o thinks alot i will do that

15. i get my axels at the junkyard and the walmart where i live sells chains and they just cut em to the lenth ya want.but if they dont sell em there go to your local hardware store and i am sure they can help you in the chain department.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I've never been able to find quality hardware or chains at the local Walmart. I by my chains and hardware from the hardware store...that way I can get high-grade chain and hardware and can go with a smaller size. I believe it was "B" who sells chain on here, him or "Rockstar"...I know he has high-test chain, which is what you want. I like the high-grade chains, no bigger than 1/4 inch for full grown adult dogs. This is PLENTY to outlive the dog with the proper hardware and connections. A bigger chain is not necessary, and will only ruin your dog structurally. Such is the reason I buy high-grade low-size chain. I know a yard with chains close to 20 years old which are 1/8 inch low-grade and they work fine to this day. Dont buy into the hype that you need a big chain,and definetly dont believe it will make your dog stronger and what-not being on a logging chain. All it will do is make the chain a punishment for the dog, that hurts him physically and destroys him mentally.

17. cdpits

cdpits Pup

14Rock, Good Post:D

18. most of the time rock you cant get decent hardware at the walmart but the store here where i live sells really top notch chain at a decent price so thats why i buy there but you are right not all walmart sells decent hardware.

19. blaster

blaster Pup

you can find chains pretty much at any hardware store try lowes, home depot etc.

20. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Good to know Texas Pit Dogs, is it a special order thing they do for your business or what?