1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I wonder

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mr.Revolution, Aug 19, 2018.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Problem is in America we dont know a good one from a bad one.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Only way you know a bad one is when they kill.

3. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

I don't really know what that means. People are people man, no religion is any worse than all the others. They are all both beautiful and have a bad side. The bible says some crazy shit too and Christians have killed millions and millions of people in the name of Christ. A good one from a bad one is not a statement that leads to society getting better.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Society has taken a few steps backwards lately.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Not hard to see.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

And you know this is old as dirt right ? That's the first thing people say who dont like Christian's..ok are you including the Holacaust ? Hitler hated christians so I dont think we can count that.Ok so give me some examples of the people killed by Christian s in thr name of Christ ?

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I know their some out there ,and right here in this country but I am arguing your numbers of millions and millions.

8. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

the people of tazmania were wiped off the face of the earth by Christians

9. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

the knights templar ring a bell. they weren't on a mission of peace

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Wars are fought over resources and money .Very few wars have been fought over religions.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Quite a few American Indians right here in Americca to.I am part Native American.

david63 likes this.
  12. YellowJohnJocko

YellowJohnJocko Big Dog

Money and religion both build and destroy in the hands of MAN...

SMD760 and bamaman like this.
  13. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

About 90% of the native Americans. Have you ever heard of praying towns? Not the Holocaust at all, I don't think people consider Hitler a religious figure. I was talking about the era of colonialism, the conquers did it in the name of Christ (not saying they were not manipulated by the pope and aristocracies). Not according to me, but according to them. Have you ever read Columbus's journals? He makes it pretty clear. At the same time it was a priest that brought all of these tragedies to light.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I'm not arguing that murder hasn't been committed by Christians.I believe the numbers have been exaggerated is my point.

15. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

Just in case you need specific wars and numbers:

The crusades 1-3 million
    The Inquisition 1 million
    30 Years war 11 million
    French Wars of Religion 3 million

16. SMD760

SMD760 Big Dog

What research have you done to even assume that the numbers have been exaggerated? Have you looked up any primary sources? Do you know what a primary source is?

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Now 30 year war was not all about Religion.

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

30 year war was more of a skirmish here and there type of war .Nothing like WW 2 or Vietnam.It became a war over power.

19. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

The missionaries come then the tanks so to speak

SMD760 likes this.
  20. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

The 30 years war came at the end of another religious war.
    No protestants no Catholics no lutherans no 30 years war.
    Now of course we'll find another reason to go to war but this particular war was started over religion.
    3 million deaths aint nothing to sneeze at

SMD760 likes this.