1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I rescued this dog..

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Wiltingbutterfly, Dec 30, 2005.

1. When I took her to the pound to see if she had a chip they told me she was a pit bull and about 11 months old. I don't know much about them. I have others tell me she looks more like a Stafford. What is the difference? Does she look like a pit bull to you guys?

[​IMG]

2. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

there is no way to tell unless u have a ped,it could be jsut a mutt,go with staff mix

3. Maybe the vet will know. She just doesn't seem wide enough to be a pit bull. I also think she may be pregnant and I don't want to have a litter of puppies on my hands either. I've done almost everything I can do to try and locate her rightful home but have not been able to. I think she has fleas and possibly worms. What a mess I have gotten myself into.

4. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i think it looks like a APBT but a UKC style. that or a staffy.

somtimes a mess you gotten yourself into turns out the best choice you have ever made. give it a while. she will probibly be the light of your life in a month or so.

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

Maybe the vet will know. She just doesn't seem wide enough to be a pit bull. I also think she may be pregnant and I don't want to have a litter of puppies on my hands either. I've done almost everything I can do to try and locate her rightful home but have not been able to. I think she has fleas and possibly worms. What a mess I have gotten myself into.

it doesnt have to be wide to be a pitbull every dog is diff.could be an apbt ,staff or just a mutt

6. Whatever she is-she is a very pretty dog, very nice and very scared and I am going to do whatever I need to do to find her a good home-preferably mine...(hoping husband will go for this). I think my first steps will be vet visit and then look into testing temperment. Thanks for your input! = )

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Where are you located?

8. In the central valley of California.

9. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i think you are making a great desition on keeping her she is very beautiful. she might do very well in fun shows as well. :)

10. Nigerino.com/

Nigerino.com/ CH Dog

From the picture she looks very much like a pit, she could have some stafford in her back ground but I would say more pit than any thing. Of corse that is just my opinion. Good luck with her.

11. I am doing exactly what I would want someone to do if it were my lost dog. I have a HUGE fight on my hands to keep this dog as my own pet. My Husband is furious and thinks its going to eat the kids. He is ignorant. This dog is still a puppy and puppies are trainable. I'm secretly going to take it through some temperment tests at a local trainer. She is so pretty and I think she is worth it. Maybe we can make a deal? I let him have my harley and I keep the dog.:)

12. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

She is very beautiful. She doesn't look to be croosed with anything but Staffy and APBT, from the pic, IMO. I would deffinately take her to a trainer and have her tested. If she comes out good, she will absolutely be worth the time and money.

13. Well I took her to the vet today. He said she just had a litter of puppies and hasn't been taken well care of. She is around 1 and 1/2 years. She had fleas really bad so we treated them. Her right ear was also very infected. They had to sedate her and flush it out. She has to take medicine now.

My husband would be pissed if I spent ANY money on this dog other than food.
    Imagine this picture....I clean an elderly man's home in the afternoon for some extra cash and I went at 4pm today-I took the dog with me. The dog hung out in the car until I left for the vet appt at 6. Then once the vet told me they had to sedate her to check out her ear, I had to figure out how I was going to go home without the dog. I managed it just fine somehow, made dinner and fed the family and then picked the dog up at 7:50pm. The poor thing is so loaded. She can't walk. I weigh about 100lbs and she weighs 49. I had to lift her into my suburban and then out again once we got home. My husband has no clue what has just happened. :D LOL Meanwhile, the dog has wet her bed twice..:(

However, the vet and the techs said they had no problems with her behavior while she was not sedated other than the fact that she has no name to answer to.:) I just may have found a good dog. Temper test tomorrow morning.

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Good going. This breed has a way of winning over people who arent to keen on em pretty quickly! I'm sure your husband will be fighting you for the chance to walk her and play with her in no time ;) . She's a good looking girl, and sounds like a good dog in general. Welcome to the board and read up, you've got alot to catch up on quickly being a new breed owner. Any questions dont be afraid to ask them.

15. americandream

americandream Top Dog

i am very very happy she ended up with you! i hope she passes the test. pit bulls are known for there affection to kids....... they love em!!!

i would hate to see her end up with another bad owner.

i rescued a pit last spring she had papers but they got lost, but anyways she didnt even like me at first. with months and months of training, bonding and exercise she was ready for a fun show in the summer and guess what....?

she pulled 3,900lbs and came 2nd place. and second in conformation, since then i have treated her like a human. she even sleeps on my bed lol.

since spring i have been studying online evernight learning and then i have decided to get a couple reg. APBT pups so i can go to the big shows. and have my own little team..... (team rez dogz) since brit dont have papers, but i found her ped online at her old kennel in california. they took real bad care of her too. now shes loving life. and my pups are getting older and they are keeping me busy, so far so good well mannered babies!!

anyways sorry for rambling, any thought on a name for her?

16. Is there a way I can somehow find out where she came from? She looks like she should have papers.

I'm sure she will pass her test-she is a sweetie. I would love to come home and show my husband that she passed with flying colors and I will now surrender my Harley to him if I have to.

As for the name..... I had a dear friend (pretty much family) who is no longer among us. He always went to my house and stole something and left a little note about how Taffy came to my house and stole a piece of cheese...(you'd have to be there sort of thing) anyways I believe that most of my luck comes from my friend who's gone. When I met this dog Taffy stuck out in neon lights for some reason. So, I think I might pick that. Any other ideas?

17. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Looks a bit Staff to me. But, I'll go with Pit. I have 2, that could go either way myself. Nice looking dog, good luck!

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I'd say she's an APBT simply for the fact that the AKC considers a red nose a fault in both the AmStaff & StaffyBull. As a result, rednoses are little seen in either breed today.

19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here are a few more pictures of her. Any ideas on names?:)

20. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

She looks similar to my old Lar-San dog I used to have. Here he is:

[​IMG]

How about Cash? That was his name. Or how about Treasure? That would be a nice one seeing as she looks like a treasure! ;)

Here are some more ...

Benita (Latin for "blessed" - she was "blessed" that you rescued her!)

Dori (French for "golden haired")

Diamond (she's your "diamond" in the rough)

Keona (Hawiian for "God's gracious gift" - she is God's gracious gift to you!)

Maggie

Pooh Bear

Sienna (Italian for reddish-brown)

Trixie (Latin for "she who blesses")

Willow

Dusty (You picked her up off the "dusty" streets)

OK, I think i'm done now ... lol ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2005