1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I LOLed: PETA Fights Call Of Duty Dog Killing With Nintendogs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KuttersKru, Mar 28, 2009.

1. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have thrown their support behind the Academy of Notre Dame student protest against dog killing in Call of Duty: World at War. To show their support to the student group that organized a petition to voice their disgust over the shooting of killer guard dogs in Activision's latest Call of Duty game, Peta sent Activision a care package...the is, a package that tries to teach them how to care.

To help the folks at Activision Blizzard learn about the ethical treatment of animals (something we're sorta experts on) we're offering to let them take PETA's "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminar free of charge, and we're sending a package of dog-friendly Nintendogs games to their office. With a little Nintendogs influence, perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them.
    I think that's a great idea! Why don't we do this instead - go through all of the history books and documentation concerning the military application of dogs during World War II, and just erase it all. We don't want impressionable gamers getting the wrong impression of Nazi Germany, now do we? We could splice footage of people being lined up and marched into cement buildings with clips of people enjoying a puppet show! A few new lines of voice over dialogue and presto! The world is a much happier place.
    Bah. Not going to argue realism with PETA. That's like going to a rave and trying to convince the kids there not to do drugs. They're already far too gone to understand what you're saying.
    Also, I'd just like to give a pat on the back to the commentor that called PETA's response within the first few comments of the original post. You've officially earned an entire day of being an insufferable, gloating bastard. Enjoy!

http://kotaku.com/5180837/peta-fights-call-of-duty-dog-killing-with-nintendogs

LMAO
    You're right PeTA, killing dogs is bad! Killing people however, seems to be just fine in your book though. And I'm sure playing Frisbee with a Nazi trained dog would have stopped the dog from alerting guards and trying to kill you in war time

2. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Ooh a killer attack dog! Let's play frisbee and cuddle!!! Lmao! Gimme a break. That student is a bleedheart too. It's just a video game :rolleyes:

3. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Of course, I'd happily invite Ingrid Newkirk to walk up and pet a guard dog. Go ahead, Ingrid, I'm sure it wants to play Frisbee....

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

footage of people being lined up and marched into cement buildings with clips of people enjoying a puppet show!....I'm sure playing Frisbee with a Nazi trained dog would have stopped the dog from alerting guards and trying to kill you in war time
    KUTTER I ALLMOST CHOKE ON MY DIP WHEN I SAW THAT LMFAO

5. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I like to play grand theft auto and kill random strangers on the game and pick up hookers and blow up buildings and ofcourse steal cars. :D

6. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I am so sick of that friggin' chick. I can't wait to chow down on her during her human bar b q she's plannin' after she kicks the bucket. :D

7. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I kind of been waiting on that too Zoe, but afraid the meat will be bad.:eek:

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

lol they have a problem with the shooting of dogs in the game? WTF? so the constant killing of other humans is perfectly acceptable but the killing of dogs is puttin their panties in a bunch.....WTF is wrong with these people?

9. familydude

familydude Big Dog

Wow I'm stunned with the stupidity on this one. If a video game hurt this poorlittle notre dames senses from killing a videodog i think that these are the types who off themselvs in hard times and this guy is more of a danger to society than a little dog. Im constantly amased at how retarded people can be I mean you cant write this stuff.