1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I have arrived and I am new.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dogs, Feb 13, 2011.

1. dogs

dogs Pup

:) I'm new and need to learn about the best way to attain a pet dog, so I am here to get some ideas on how to go about it. HELP ME... if you don't mind.

:o I am overwhelmed by all the choices and don't want to make a wrong move. :o

2. Go to the shelter. Make a few trips and be interact with the ones you are considering.

There ya go

3. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

You're gonna have to be a lil more specific. Lotta folks on here can give sound advice but i think you're gonna have to narrow it down a lil bit.;)

4. cutt

cutt CH Dog

look no further....great answer

5. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

best dog ive owned was a street dog.

6. Adopt one, or look on Craigslist. They usually have nice pet dogs on there for cheap.

7. nobody

nobody Banned

Do not get a pitbull terriƫr :cool:

8. dogs

dogs Pup

How do you find one that is living on the streets? That is where I want to get one from based on some advice that was given on the forum.

I dont want to mess around with shelter politics and I am sure you all know what I am talking about.

I will not, under any circumstances, buy one from a breeder, because I think breeders are unethical and seem not to care when their puppies get adopted, dumped later, and then are picked up by animal control just to be killed off later in a shelter.

Most people are unwilling to give an older dog a home, especially if it happens to have a bite history. Rest assured, I do not care if my future dog has a bite history. I have what it takes to deal with any issues that he or she might have. I am also fine with getting a pregnant one too.

I think breeders are mainly just jerks - I said mainly and not all, and I dont have the time to sort through them all, so I need to know the way of procuring one that is running at large, but I don't know how to go about it. Is there a way to intercept calls from people calling animal control about a dog on the loose, and get the dog picked up before they even attempt to retreive it. I am open to all suggestions. Remember no breeders and no shelters, so do NOT go into that please. I wouldnt want you to waste your time. :cool:

9. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Lets see....
    You don't want to deal with shelters
    You don't want to deal with breeders (that eliminates half of this forum)

AND YOU DON'T MIND A MAN BITER:rolleyes: let me think.....

I think you are better off with a Chihuahua, but good luck finding one without a breeder or shelter....;)

10. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Also meant to add ....no one here is going to advise you on how to steal a dog ...the world has lost it's mind :mad:

11. spliff

spliff Big Dog

get yourself a few lbs. of bologna and a big burlap sack.next hit the streets..
    when you come across a stray that suits you lure him with a trail of bologna as soon as he gets close enough throw the sack over him and call it a day.;)

12. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

hahahahahahhahahahaha....

Yah go to an animal rescue league or shelter. best bet and the animal comes neutered/spayed with vaccines.

13. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Okay guess I was wrong bhahahahah:D

14. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Was is this,seriously??I hope you're not talking about picking up a dog that might belong to someone else.Not all breeders are unethical,sure not as unethical as wanting to intercept calls and possibly pick up a dog that belongs to someone else.That is just going overboard to get a dog when Craigslist is full of dogs,some are probably even pregnant manbiters,lol.

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Either save up and buy one or get a freebie that someone actually "gives" to you.Don't go hunting the street for dogs.

16. Man I would hope you dont plan on stealing a dog cause there aint nothin worse than a dog thief.

17. blueboyz

blueboyz Pup

What's up I'm a newbie here..just posting

18. ZIYA

ZIYA Pup

Wtf !!! A way to intercept calls, i dont get it, what are you on?

19. Kruger

Kruger Pup

Dilueded people in this world.. It's gone down hill fast!

20. hempjocsorrlby

hempjocsorrlby Big Dog

You cant know that much about breeders with out buying a dog from one of them in the past., where is that dog at?