1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I have a ?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Nitrous, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Ok, i just want to get some good answers, i know it would be the best thing to do. Knowin' that all of you have much knowledge on APBT and breedings, bloodlines, all of it. Ok, i want to know how somebody would actually make their own bloodline, i want the whole thing about it. I mean if you would have to do a line breeding more then once, and what excactly to do. No i'm not trying to be all cool and make my own bloodline and be a dumbass, But i'm just sayin' if i ever though about it before doing, i want to know the whole process, And nobody b*tch at me and get all rude because i don't feel like havin' that immature sh*t today. I respect all of you and want to learn great things and knowledge.

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

A bloodline is started usually by having a good dog and producing well with it, example...the redboy dogs. Another way of creating a "line" is by being a good breeder, example, the Carver dogs, or the Colby dogs.

Seems like in more recent times, the lines have gotten their names from good dogs tho, such as Eli dogs, I'm sure you get the point...
    BB

3. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Yea i understand.

4. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Anybody else have any saying?

5. AC

AC Big Dog

Usually the line is named after the dog after it has made it's mark in the history books. Like you'll usually never hear someone say aycart dogs you'll hear mayday dogs. eli dogs red boy dogs and so on are all after the names of dogs. colby and carver are rare instances where the breeder is known as the line. But it takes a hell of a lot of work a dedication to get where you want to be in the world of dogs. Keep doing things right and eventually you will be known.

6. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

OK thanks, does anybody know how i can make a poll thread?

7. X

X Banned

When asking something about the site... please post in the Support forum...

When posting a new thread, to post a poll with it scroll down to Additional Options and check the checkbox that says "Yes, post a poll with this thread" and enter the number of options you would like to put on the poll, then click "Submit New Thread." In the next window, follow the instructions :)

8. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

My understanding is that you have to have a good producer, and yes you will have to line breed to keep your blood tight . The thing is people will still call your dogs by the original blood line ie. Carver, Jeep< Boudreaux, etc. It will take a while for people to reconize your strain as something different.Remember the blood that you have on your yard now had to come from something other than what it called now. It just takes time, but it can be done. I'm in the process of doing it now. Good Luck

9. who

who Top Dog

to give my honest opinion i would have to say get a pup from a proven FAMILY......male female whatever....but with that female or male breed it to the SAME FAMILY cousin/dad/mom/maybe sister if you got 2 BEST OF BEST BULLDOGS but rarely would you EVER DO THAT.... family breeding is the KEY at the start of it.....after a couple of generations you can start LINEBREEDING (after you have enough dogs) mother-son/daughter father/grandfather-granddaughter etc........then if YOU think your dogs have what YOU want you can do a inbreeding (brother-sister) again i say RARELY cause you can ALWAYS improve your line but ONLY breed brother-sister if you have 2 dogs that are PERFECT but if you wanna talk bulldogs mail me I GET MY UNDERSTANDING FROM D M HIMSELF

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2004