1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

-->How much $$ do you spend<--

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AGK, Nov 30, 2012.

1. St. Ides

St. Ides Big Dog

Lol... I eat a lot of eggs so it's still going to be cheaper.

2. get in with a farmer who has downers and clafs which die during birth then get you self a butcher set. free hide for flirt pole and freemeat dont waist your time with dog food. yeah takes some time to cut them up but feeding raw for free thats how its done.

3. Wildrose

Wildrose Pup

I am curious to see how/if this has changed for you guys with inflation over the years. I am at roughly $4.25 per dog daily and that is raw feed (chicken/beef) without the supplements.

4. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

6 dogs, I think I did the math right. $1.11 a day, each dog.
    I feed Muenster kibble.

Pullingcovers likes this.
  5. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

I usually spend 110 to 125 every 3 weeks for victor professional the big bag depending where i get the dog food plus 2.. 8 dollar bags of chicken leg quarters every 3 weeks . Usually in summer I can stretch it to a month 5 dogs

Pullingcovers and bamaman like this.
  6. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I'm feeding 5 right now and go through roughly 3 50lbs bags a month for $52 each after tax.

7. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

what's the weight of the dogs

8. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

30-52... it's way more dependant on activity levels.

The 30lbs bitch who never stops moving eats more than the 42 lbs bitch who lays around all day.

I also tend to keep mine chunkier as to not draw any unwanted eyes and attention.

Come summer it'll drop to about 2 bags a month.

BTK1993 likes this.
  9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I spend just under 180 a month to feed 8 heathens these days.

BTK1993 likes this.
  10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

How much kibble are yall feeding?

11. AGK

2 cups a day during the spring, summer and early fall. Late fall and winter they get 3 cups. I'll adjust as needed by how they look and function at any given time.

I found it don't matter if they are 30lbs or 60 lbs. They get the same amount. My dogs tend to maintain a good weight with that schedule. I feed once a day, around 4pm everyday. If someone starts looking chubby or anorexic, I'll adjust accordingly.

12. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Pretty much the same. I have a "2 cup" scoop. Everyone gets a heaping on in the summer and 1.5-2 in winter depending on how they look.

13. tomjones2

tomjones2 Big Dog

2.5 cups of Kirkland kibble, been working wonders. Dogs are healthy, 8 years old and no issues at all. Love APBT/performance bred dogs as the variety of lineage has bred out most of the inherent genetic faults thy other breeds suffer from. E.g hip dysplasia that once beautiful GSD had fallen victim of due to the aesthetic show ring… dog and pony show ring

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Each cup is equal to 4oz is that correct?

15. AGK

8 ounce is a cup.
    I just use a regular old coffee cup.
    20230308_201224.jpg

16. Wildrose

Wildrose Pup

With kibble diets do you guys supplement with anything during maintenance? I use wild salmon oil and a probiotic daily but since kibble is designed to fit the needs of canines I imagine that the omegas and such are included in the formulas? I am currently feeding 5 and sometimes I wish I had a bag to scoop outta on those long days!

17. AGK

I don't. Kibble is generally a balanced diet.
    I feed both ways raw and use Kibble but I find myself feeding more from the bag anymore simply because of it's convenience.

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

By reading the post it's looking like most people are feeding about 16oz of kibble. Anyone count calories? Asking because I been working on biochemistry of dogs last few years and would like some details on kibble.

19. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Message me this weekend and I'll have the whole break down for me then.

20. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I don't for the same reasons as agk. If I wanted to fix up 5 "keep feed" dishes I'd keep 5 in keep or feed raw.

I feed kibble out of laziness and its convenient. I see ppl post all the time they're feeding a solid base keep kibble and adding a bunch of shit to it. If it works it works. Someone was calling brown rice base a "raw diet" just a few pages ago so I just stick with what I know and don't ask too many questions.

Wildrose likes this.