1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How many generations can y ou go back?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FearlessKnight, Aug 28, 2007.

?

How many generations can you go back?

1. 3

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 4

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. 5

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 6

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. 7

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. 8

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 9

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 12 or more

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Yes that would be correct. As I was told by my breeder, if you start out with getting paid 20 cents a day and double it every day by the end of 30 days you would be a multi-millionaire.

Try it out and you will see that is true. Remember for evey 1 dog produced they had 2 parents who has 4 grand parents and then 8 grand parents now keep going 20 times and you will come up with that number.

2. I could care less about the 2 million....it is not accurate anyways...the same dogs get bred, which means they are only names....not numbers....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2007
  3. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

Well by Colby's information i can go back more than twelve as my dog is from Stewart's Colby Sam. But im not a trusting person. I have only seen three generations bred on most of my dogs, four on a few.

4. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

If they are all from the same place sure, but numbers do not lie in this case. If you take 20 generations of a dog or even people keep double your number 20 times and you get over 2 million. Yes some dogs show up a few times in a ped that I agree with but if you never inbreed you end up with that many people in a family tree or dog pedigree.

Not fighting with you just showing ya that it is most definitly possible.

5. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

I "believe" that my dogs all go back to the Colby stuff, according to whats past my 8 generations on my dogs papers...

6. I just wanted to let folks to know..it was not a trick question..I promise! I wasnt trying to trick anyone...
    I know we can not prove by actual proof...how far they go back....

There WAS a member on here that stated he could go back 20+ but had gaps after 7...so that wasnt 20.....that was 7....LMAO...so I was trying to figure out what most people had in their hands or access to on the net...knowing it could be falsified....but still had access to...
    does that mumble jumble make any sense..lmao :confused:

7. about as much sense asll the mumble jumble you always put out.....LOL JUST KIDDING! YOU KNOW WE LUV YA! :p

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I deleted a few posts in the thread, pertaining to the banned member and his posts. He's gone now, so no need arguing with him and getting off-topic.

Thank you.

9. redripper

redripper Big Dog

Ok, so I'm not sure what to put. As said earlier, papers are just papers unless you were there to verify. That said, I can verify 3 generations. I've actually laid my hands on dogs as many as six generations back, but I was too young for me to say that I can know with any certainty who was bred to what...at that point, it's just a matter of trusting the breeder. Of course, since the breeder was a family member, I have the utmost trust, and since he was the breeder for many many generations I suppose I could say that I can trace dogs at least back to the sixties....but I think I should just say 3 cause that's what I have witnessed in my lifetime.

10. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

As said many of times already that papers are just papers. But I can go back 7 from kennel club and 16 with no gaps with peds online. But you never really know. Unless you get your dog from a reputable breeder. And mine was somewhat a rescue so I did not research the breeder myself. Talked to him seems like a stand up guy. But like I said I do not really know.

But great topic!

11. And even then...you never know!
    But should at least more comfortable with!
    And Thanks!