1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How important is coi to you?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by billywaters, Dec 27, 2023.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I get what you're saying but it would still be considered a high COI either way simply because of how I breed. Even if you added in the 5th, 6th and 7th generations. I've inbred off half siblings and then back to father/daughter or mother/son breedings then back to half siblings again. That alone will spike a COI. I've never done a full outcross breeding in-house in the last, at least, 15+ years. Every dog I've breed was related, fairly closely, usually. Israel is my out and even he isn't a full out at 12% on 4 generations.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I think 10% to 12.5% is considered high from what I've read.

3. yes sir