1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

House/Yard dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by fblb, Sep 26, 2010.

1. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Which breed of dog would you get if you were just looking for a house/yard all purpose good ole' dog?

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

I really want a Boston Terrier. But I alreadu have 2 house dogs and now the rescue. But I will get me a Boston one day.

3. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

A Rat Terrier or a Jack Russell
    Or another Beagle ;)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Boston Terrier too. Love those little things. Or a french bulldog :)

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Frencheis are great too!

6. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Got a ten year old Jack Russel now that came with the wedding vows. Ain't no way I'd do that again. Wouldn't mind having an English mastiff. Or a little patterdale.

7. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Staffy Bull

8. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Belgian Malinois
    I plan on owning one as soon as I can. great workers, and most of em aren't DA, so I could take it places I couldn't take a bulldog.

9. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

A medium sized mutt with higher than average intelligence, decent prey drive, high food drive, and an on/off switch... as in, can chill it in the house but go crazy when its time to work.

Which is pretty much what I have right now lol... a little flighty due to lack of socialization as a pup but other than that, she's perfect to me.

10. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

I'll tell you what, if these damn Am Bully owners don't keep their dogs contained my next house dog is going to be a damned 3 year old proven game dog and I'm just going to let it eliminate the Bully problem in my neighborhood. These damned people are pissing me off....

11. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

my cold as ice bulldog, lol shes smaller at 35lbs, lays on the couch all day, but will chase a rabbit till she drops.. no.2 choice would be a bulldog/shephard dog i had, ugly ass farmdog

12. RandR

RandR Pup

I have a lab, a lab mix and a Boston in the house (excluding the bulldogs)

I'd vote Boston, they are scrappy and can roll with the punches in terms of playing with the other dogs and they are not breakable!

13. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

I would want an Engilsh Bull Terrier

14. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

my uncle uses blue hellers..a lab or german shepard mite work fr u too

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Alapaha Blueblood Bulldog or Olde English Bulldogge IMO terrier breeds art too high strung for house dogs.

16. todd

todd Pup

my son came home with a black and tan coon hound puppy for a house dog we have had hounds before but never in the house and will not have another one inside either hard headest thing that ever looked threw a collar

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

get a lab -----------------

18. quinny

quinny Big Dog

If I had to get a house dog Malinois or sheperd for sure. Grew up with a few in the house and they make good family/house dogs. Intelligent, protective and so loyal to the whole family. Seen a few good beagles too, but they're few and far between where I'm from!

19. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Patterdales the ones I've owned are 100mph outside and lap dogs inside, have one on my lap right now. Very intelligent dogs, easy to train

20. Sapper

Sapper Pup

Red nosed beagle lol. I grew up with a blood hound, I would haft to say the best all around dog would be a Collie. But for in the house I want so
    Thing with short hair...