1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hi new to everything

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CodyScott, Nov 13, 2023.

1. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

A lot of good information here. Thanks

My 2
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    NSDQ!

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Looks like some we'll taking care of young dogs.

3. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Welcome

4. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

Thank you very much!
    Thank you!

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome!

6. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome.

S

7. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

Thank you!
    I have way more questions than answers, but here to contribute positively. Here for my dogs Thanks

8. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Welcome!

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It can be a great place to start and learn but can't replace actually talking to people (for the most part)

Good luck with your dogs.

My best advice is to sell both the dogs, go to the pound and save two shit eaters.

These dogs can be an addiction.

S

Revelator and CodyScott like this.
  10. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

if I knew then what I know now, I would’ve just gone fishing . Or set up a yard first.

Revelator likes this.
  11. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

Still hanging on.

Crazy, the guy that steered me in this direction doesn’t like that I have these dogs. He hung up on me which is fine - he was undermining their significance to me - telling me I’m wrong about pretty much everything. He has 7 dogs that are good dogs, and I appreciate that he got me this far, but it pisses me off I guess. He always claims his are pure bred gamedogs, when they are really inbred mixed breed. Good nice dogs though. I wanted nice dogs like his bottom line

The reason I got APBT was a YouTube channel Maddogsandenglishmen? and it reminded me how much I like those dogs.
    I found Tom Garner’s name in the comments and called him that day and drove out that night from Florida to see if I could get them.
    I was in the process of trying to get an English Staffordshire and canceled that on the way up.
    Before that, I went to shelter to get an old depressed dog and the fuckers were cruel and I flipped out on them.

I was in the Army 2006-2012. 3/160th SOAR(A). MH47G Mechanic and Technical Inspector. Their motto is “Night Stalkers Don’t Quit!” It was pretty hardcore every day.
    It struck me that gamedogs don’t quit either, but I’m not thinking I got something on them because training. My first 3 weeks with these dogs was 10 times harder than SERE (C).

I am totally winging it with these dogs. They are okay for now. Taking care of them is easy, trying to figure them out is brutal

david63 likes this.
  12. "Mad Dog" Are you talking about this guy here with the badass Chico Lopez collar on his ?

He seems very intelligent about dogs. I actually switched to Chico Lopez collars myself because I found Chico Lopez collars support the APBT structure best

CodyScott likes this.
  13. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

Yes!
    He has good information for sure

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

So you have mixed breed dogs from the guy who hung up on you or Tom's dogs?

15. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

From Tom Garner.

16. Wildrose

Wildrose Pup

What litters they out of?

17. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

Boy is from CH Kemosabe & La Fonda
    Girl is from Haystack ROM & Miss Biscuit II

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

So the guy who got you interested in dogs has mixed breed dogs? You decided to get Tom's dogs. You called him and then he hung up on you lmfao

19. chili

chili Big Dog

Congrats on the pups man. Hope you you have a great time with your dogs.

20. CodyScott

CodyScott Pup

The dog guy is long story. He was ”helping” me with the dogs at first (over the phone) and I think it helped, but he really didn’t want to hear any details about my dogs. Especially anything that made them better than his.
    Good riddance.