1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hey everyone this was sent to me today

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by AMJULIETTE, Jul 7, 2005.

1. PLEASE READ this was sent to me today

Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 4:49 PM
    Subject: HB78 Georgia Meetings
    Dear fellow listers -

Please mark your calendars and plan to attend meetings in downtown
    Atlanta in the L.O.B. Building (same as before) on July 18th & 25th. The meetings will be held from 9-11am in
    Room 506 of the L.O.B. (Legislative Office Building). Those of you not
    familiar with downtown are more than welcome to park at my home and take MARTA with
    me. (or meet at the Inman Park/Reynoldstown MARTA station) I can help you find the building.

I have been told that Rep. Williams is holding these meetings in =
    order to get feedback from citizens and offer an opportunity to speak out for or against this proposal. I do not know if he has made changes or not. He will also be presenting several models from other cities to be discussed.

"Coach" Williams has always been very polite and seemingly open minded at
    past meetings. Please remember if you attend (and I implore you to make
    every effort to do so) please be polite and soft spoken, even if you speak passionately. Keep your comments brief and to the point, do not ramble or attack. He will listen to you if you speak reasonably and make good suggestions. I have seen him `tune out' those who shout, repeat themselves or accuse. I don't think I need to really explain
    that, but just wanted to suggest it. I've seen the `ugly' side of some very passionate, but not very well-spoken,speakers causing me to even questioned why I was there to support their cause at times. It has not always been pretty.

I also sent a fax to his office which stated the following:
    As a concerned citizen in Atlanta I urge you to please change the
    wording of any proposed egislation mentioning specific breeds. Instead, dangerous dog laws should be directed to all breeds on an equal level.

Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to attend.
    This is very important! We need to show up in force if we are to be heard. Last meetings I think i was the only one there representing SBT owners. You say you are mad...you say you are
    tired of BSL...you say you don't want your dogs or you to be discriminated against...then let's do something about it! Missing a little bit of work is hardly a sacrifice compared to what may happen if you choose not to.
    Regards,

Lynn

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CROSS POST THIS INFORMATION
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog. You are his=20
    life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the =
    last

> beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."=20
    > Unknown

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2005
  2. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Yes I Agree It Is Time Someone Tries To Do Something

3. If ya'll happen to have anything I can take and use as far as good publicity please feel free to pm me. Thanks everyone we need your support!

4. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

The ACF, American Canine Foundation will be attending bringing along a copy of the Lanett AL law suit and models for good all breed dog legislation. I hope more than just breeders show but all who can attend are needed. This also needs to be about facts and not passion. These guys dont care if you love fido, they need cold hard facts why what they may want to do will not and cannot work.

5. I AGREE!!! Please everyone we need as many people as possible at these meetings, have good attitudes and strong views. If you know anyone that doesn't know that may go tell them call your local feed stores that sell to pit
    bull owners, call anyone that will lose business that will help.
    I will be there on the 18th and most likely the 25th as well. But not only does he need to see the faces that have been there he needs to see the new faces.
    Please feel free to cross post this info anywhere and everywhere!
    the meetings are from 9-11am in the Legislative office Building.