1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Here's My New Puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Harvey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Good morning! I wanted to post a few pics of my new girl Begonia.

Here she is

Chasing off the rabbits:
    [​IMG]

Where's my food!?
    [​IMG]

From the ad:
    [​IMG]

[...]

She's 16 weeks old now, and she's doing very well with us so far.

She didn't come with papers as to pedigree or anything like that, just the vet paperwork showing that she'd had all her shots, no internal parasites, etc. She could be an AMPBT, AMSTAFF, AMSTAFF x AMPBT, who knows... I'm not too concerned, in her case, she fits in very well in my house, she makes friends everywhere she goes, she's great with kids (her previous owner had 5 children and two other pits, whom she kept very well, so socialization wasn't an issue) and she's very smart. We paid 50 bucks for her, and we're very happy to have her with us.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I'll have some better ones up whenever I can get a hold of a better camera.

2. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Nope, she wasn't a breeder, not at all. She doesn't breed dogs or anything like that. It was more of a case where they got the pup, but were having trouble keeping up with her is all ;-) So they put out an ad to find her a new home.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

just give the dog a good home, thats all you can do. yes it sux to support the byb, but at least the breeder in question wasnt obviously lookin to make a small fortune by charging hundreds. keep reading and learn from others mistakes so you dont make the same ones. good luck

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

she looks good! have fun w/ her

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

sorry, i posted before you had the second time. make sure to feed a decent food, and regular trips to the vet are a must. FYI, the best dog ive ever owned cost me $50, and was scatterbred all to hell

6. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Thanks Woody! Just a note though, the lady we got her from isn't a breeder. She was just having trouble keeping up with the youngster, so she homed her with us ;-) We'll take good care of her and give her meaningful work. This site is GREAT in terms of providing pretty-much any information a dog owner needs, that's for sure, and I'll be reading a lot.

Thanks again!

7. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

LOL no worries.

I'm lucky, we have a great vet out our way, and he'll be meeting her on the 8th :-)

A lady that runs a small pet supply shop nearby, one of those independently owned places, recommended a puppy kibble by solid gold. I use it, and mix it up with yogurt. So far it's working out well, she poops regularly, once in the AM and once around 11PM, and she's putting some weight on. heh, she was living with 5 kids, and they ran her around outside a lot, when we met her, she was way on the thin side LOL

8. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

Cute little one. Thanks for giving her a good home!

9. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

It's been great so far! I take her out for her morning and evening walks, usually a mile or so in the morning, down to the lake and when we get there I feed her her breakfast, and then, in the evening another mile and a half, two miles (if that's too much or not enough PLEASE let me know), and she meets tons of kids and folks around the neighborhood, so we make sure to stop and play with them a little. Everybody that's met her so far loves her.

She digs her flirt pole, too. I have a very soft chew toy attached to it, and she chases that sucker around, divebombs off the couch in the living room onto it, and loves tugging on it. She could play with that thing for hours... And everybody that comes over remarks about how our couch, kitchen table, pillows, whatever are ALL in great shape, for having such a young puppy around. Heh, it's all the flirt pole, she gets to chase it and chew on it when she catches it, and she leaves pretty-much everything else alone LOL I learned about it here, and it was the BEST toy + interactive activity I could have given her ;-)

10. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Nice looking pup! Good luck with her! Keep her fat a happy, like all pups should be. Socialization is key with both humans and dogs. It takes an above average owner to own an APBT, and you're in good company on this site. Read, research and continue to learn all you can about this wonderful breed. Its a privilege to own this breed and with all the madness going on these days, take the time to learn your rights as a dog owner and look into helping fight the battle against BSL in your local area. Keep us posted!

11. Solid Gold is good stuff, you won't be disappointed. Make sure if you are making a point to buy a good premium food that you don't buy shitty treats - it kind of is counter-productive to spend money on a great food then fill them up with crappy snacks.

A lot of the premium dog food brands make treats and jerky and they are pretty good. Raw bones and meat are great snacks too, and the bones are good for their teeth.

12. ~P.Champ~

~P.Champ~ Pup

nice lookin pup, Im sure she will be a great pet and companion to you and your family. :)

13. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Cute lil gal. She looks a lot like my one of my dog's relatives (Who also came from a BYB for $50, no papers or nothin'! And she's one of the best damn dogs I've owned to-date)

Best of luck with her!

14. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

She's a cute little girl. I'm sure she will be very happy and healthy with you.

15. Harvey

Harvey Big Dog

Thanks you guys, very much! :D :D :D

16. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

good on you, shes a cute pup.:)

17. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

looks good

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

whoa, theres a couple posts gone:eek: