1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Help please pup with runny stools

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by tolive, Mar 17, 2010.

1. tolive

tolive Pup

Ok heres the story yesterday friend of my brother bought a pup over this pup was malnurished (which frustrated me a lot) there both the same age about 13 weeks the pup did'nt have real close contact she was afraid to get near him(did run around the room though no longer then 15 mins) . So tonight right after he ate it was all over his cage after no more than ten minutes his diet consist of raw in dry mixed. I know some people don't recommend this but it worked great for him so far coat and everything. His energy level is about the same not showing any signs of weakness at least so far. Should I just wait in see what happens or could this runny stool be something else?

2. popper

popper CH Dog

is he throwing up at all?

3. tolive

tolive Pup

no he has'nt thrown up or anything just crapped really bad. He has had all his shots to.

4. popper

popper CH Dog

so a sick pup came in contact with your pup? if i am reading this correctly

5. tolive

tolive Pup

I'm really not sure if she was sick or not also she did'nt seem all that weak neither just underfed. I fed her myself she had a strong appetite had to give her a second helping. Her stomach did looked bloated so I asked my brother friend has she been wormed she said yes but to me she looked liked she had worms or maybe it was because she was so skinny.

6. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Are you trolling and wasting peoples' time and energy again, or is it a real situation this time?

7. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Did he eat steak by any chance?

8. tolive

tolive Pup

No not this time im sorry about that to. I'm serious I will try to put some pics of him up later.

9. tolive

tolive Pup

I did give him a cut up steak about two days ago. Recently though he just been on his normal diet ground deer, rabbit, ground chicken, olive oil, kibble, eggs, and red cell

10. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

If the pup is eating, drinking and urinating well, and it is not acting ill it just has the splashes, here's my advice.

Fast that pup for 24 hours. Give it's system time to clean out and settle down. Then introduce cooked chicken and rice in a small meal. Slowly increase the size of the meals. Take a couple of days to do so. This should help calm the pups digestive tract.

Over feeding a dog will cause their stool to loosen.

If the symptoms don't improve or worsen, I'd suggest a stool sample being taken to the vet. It's not that expensive and can reveal much.

11. QVO RIP

QVO RIP Pup

You could add canned pumpkin to his food, that will firm up his stool and helps his stomach in getting back to normal. You mix it 50/50 so whatever you feed him add same amount of pumpkin and mix it all up.

Make sure if you do buy canned pumpkin is not the ready pie mix type has to be just plain pumpkin.

12. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

And don't forget, to give her/him lots of water too.

13. Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm Big Dog

Feeding raw with kibble is not recommended as they often cause bad tummies, try feeding just raw alone for a while and see how things go.

14. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

it can also be from hyper or stressed situations that cause a loose stool.

15. pitbullkid86

pitbullkid86 Big Dog

all good posts, hope the pup is doin better. Fasting the dog for 24hrs always works, had a dog who always had random wet shit and all he ever needed was a missed meal and them guts were right bak on track. And who knows what he was eating before......chnge in diet can cause that too

16. popper

popper CH Dog

nice post....

17. tolive

tolive Pup

Thanks for all the help he's doing much better.Every stool since then has been normal. Maybe just stressed because we would'nt let him get to close to the other pup.