1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello! Let me introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jeff Theman, Jul 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Hello all,
    My name is Jeff Theman, and I am an indie filmmaker from the Cleveland, Ohio area. Over the last 16 years I have spent a considerable amount of time researching pit bull related topics, with most of my focus on breed specific legislation. I got involved after beginning my first documentary the day the Michael Vick case began (4/25/07), as that film was intending on examining dogfighting, but pivoted a year later after meeting my boy Preston (RIP) on May 15, 2008. Four days later the suburb I was living in (Lakewood, Ohio) proposed a ban on May 19 (2008), and my world changed forever.

I immediately changed the focus of the project to examine breed specific legislation, and titled it "Guilty Til Proven Innocent". I won't go into detail about that film project. I've been updating my website since it crashed a few weeks ago, so I have limited information about that old project (since it's not a priority at the moment), but you can go to the link below at the end of this paragraph and/or google it (search: "guilty til proven innocent pit bulls" and several other links should come up). Of course, if anyone requests additional information, I'd be happy to provide, I just don't want to write a book before getting to the point of this message:
    https://riverfirefilms.com/gtpi/

After Preston passed away on March 16, 2020 at the age of 15, I started researching for a new documentary series to honor that special relationship. This new project is essentially a love story told through the lens of the complicated and controversial history of pit bull dogs. You can view the concept trailer, learn more about the project, read about the historical artifacts in my personal collection dating as far back as post Civil War, etc, here:
    https://riverfirefilms.com/oial/

By writing the above, I am attempting to be as transparent as possible...again, without writing a book on this forum that nobody will read entirely through. I have led or been a part of numerous successful repeals of breed specific legislation with my advocacy. My projects get noticed by news media and a wide range of audiences. And, while we may not agree or see eye to eye on everything, I do believe we also have a lot in common...starting with a passion for these dogs.

I say this because I don't expect anybody to trust me without at least hearing what I have to say. My hope is that I can use this as a resource and if anybody wants to have other dialogue (even anonymously) I am open to anything. Over the last 2-3 years I have reached out to many of the old timers in the game and have had lengthy phone conversations with them. I won't say names, but I am thankful they have trusted in me. I focused on dogmen generally from 1980s-1990s timeframe, because for those who are still alive they are at least in their 60s and I don't want that valuable information and history to die when they all pass (to be frank).

I'm now in my mid-40s and realize time is precious. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Link about Preston:
    https://riverfirefilms.com/preston/

Sincerely,

Jeff Theman

AGK likes this.
  2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome to the site.

Jeff Theman likes this.
  3. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

welcome