1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello From Me & Nino

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DOG-LOVER, Sep 26, 2008.

1. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Re: Hello From Me & Nino

I thought he looked like an Amstaff.

He looks pretty good.

2. Re: Hello From Me & Nino

Me too.....he looks great though.....

3. DOG-LOVER

DOG-LOVER Pup

i guess you took the "breed him" comment the wrong way. let me put you up on a little info. my dog has 16 show champions and 1 grand champion in his past 5 generations. if you can get that or anything close from your "dime a dozen" pound in cali, i suggest you do that. im curious where your holier than thou attitude comes from? i was talking about the fact that pure ruffian amstaffs are hard to find in michigan, as far as i know. also i happen to like "blue" pits or amstaffs, if you dont plz keep it to yourself.

4. DOG-LOVER

DOG-LOVER Pup

ive never shown him, his mother was a multiple show winner. i probably should have had someone who trains and shows dogs get him in some shows.

5. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Dog-Lover, remember that papers don't make the dog. He could have nothing but champions in his pedigree, but he has to prove himself worthy of breeding, whether it's in the show ring, weight pull, agility, or hog hunting. His pedigree shouldn't be the only factor in making the decision. Also, if you do breed him, possibly get some health checks, like hip and joint checks.

How old is he?

6. DOG-LOVER

DOG-LOVER Pup

i know his papers dont make him great. he was a great dog to me before i saw his history. hes 4 years old and i would love to have another like him, while staying with a ruffian bloodline. hes been checked and he has no problems other than some skin irritation, ive read that it comes with having a "blue" staff but i dont know if thats true or not.

7. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

My post was not intended to offend you or anyone. Where in my post did I show an attitude? I simply asked a question about breeders that bred "blue" amstaffs, because I do not have any experience with these dogs.

Thanks for answering my question though. So if the dog has a background such as your dog, the dog doesn't have to prove himself worthy of breeding? Wow, I would think there would be other aspects to it such as temperament, health, etc. & likewise with the dam. How about homes for the pups? Do you plan on keeping them all. See I don't know, never bred any dogs myself. That's why I'm asking & I'm still learning also.

I appologize if I did offend you in any way. I guess the population of "blue" amstaffs in your state isn't as abundant as here in Cali. Good luck in what you choose to do. Hey, I like Nino, he's beautiful. Keep up the good work!

Mel