1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Old Timer, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Hi Just thought i would introduce myself to everyone.my name is Jesse Smith.and i am from Snyder Texas.i am 77 years old and been involved with the american pitbull terrier breed since i have been 9 years old.a friend of mine used to belong to this site but he passed on to the big yard in the sky last year.his name was Robert Lewis but he went by his middle name of Dave.Dave was always wanting me to join the site here but i just never did figure it would suit me.but after Dave told me all about it i figured it was the right place for me to talk dogs.well that about does it i guess for introductions and i hope to get to know y'all and have some good talks about good dogs and the good old days.

2. Welcome aboard! Nice to have you, sorry once more about your loss.
    I think you will find that this place is pretty comfy!
    Enjoy your stay!

3. Suki

Suki Guest

GREAT to have you, and I for one, SURE miss talkin with Dave, ....RIP Tex!

I'm very glad you decided to join, as I know, I, can SURE use the wisdom of your words.
    Again, great to have you and I truly hope you enjoy the time you spend here. :)

4. Attila

Attila Guest

Mr. Smith,

Dave also talked me into joining the site. Good to have you brother. Glad you joined. I sure miss our old friend. You talk to his grandson of late. Or Jessica. I wonder how they and the farm are doing these days.

God be with you,

Wilhiem

5. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Hello! Welcome to the board. Glad you decided to join. :)

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

well the last time i talked to them was at Daves service.since then she just kind of stayed to herself.i figure that when the time is right they will open back up again.when dave died a good piece of jessica died with him.she just doesnt have much to talk about anymore and they are trying to concentrate on the animals.Dave left behind quite a kennel she had her brother drive over his Boudreaux dogs to me since i raise that line.and he told me that the boy and her was taking it real hard.but he didn't look to good either.i think next week i am going to take a drive over to the farm and see how they are doing and if i can give them any help of some kind.Dave left behind well over 50 colby dogs he never would addmit it for fear of them being stolen and he didnt want to draw attention to himself.they delivered to me 9 boudreaux dogs.so i know they must be over come trying to take care of them because they didn't have the experince like Dave and i did when it comes to taking care of that many animals.but if i hear anything in the meantime i will let you know.

7. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

WELCOME! I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge and experience! Very exciting.

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your posts. I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share!

9. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Welcome to the forum.

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Welcome! any friend of "Paw Paws" is a friend of mine :D

Thanks for joining ;)

11. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Wow Man! If you've been with this breed since you were nine, You're the guy I need in my corner. Welcome aboard! Contact me anytime>

12. Attila

Attila Guest

I have a few emails from her. She did take it very hard. I have been praying for her as requested. I hope she is doing ok as well as the grandson and her brother. I knew about his dogs. Glad you got the Boudreaux dogs. Those are my favorite as well. I still have the one I was going to bring him for thanksgiving. They need a good mentor to train them about the dogs and such. I gave her my address and phone number if she ever needed help. But I reckon sorrow has a way of shutting a person down. I have been there before also. Good man he was. I reckon if you get over that way and find they need help send me word and I will drive over and meet you and help. I am so glad you joined. Jessica said that the grandson and her brother were thinking about joining the site as well but I don't think they have. They sure are welcome.

13. Jake01

Jake01 Big Dog

Welcome Mr. Smith. I hope to learn as much as I can from you.

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Hey now, you stole my line. :p

Anyways, WELCOME aboard! It's great to have a friend of Dave's (or Paw Paw as I lovingly called him) here & it's great to have another dogman join the site. We look forward to reading your input & learning from your experiences.

Take care.:)

15. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

Welcome to the site!

16. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

Welcome and glad to have you here. I was just getting to know Tex when he passed so I will look forward to getting to know you you and lots about the dogs.

17. welcome to the site! although there may be some who don't listen to all the good things said here there are tons of us who do. thanks in advance for anything you share with us about our wonderful dogs!

18. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Welcome aboard!

19. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Welcome! I am quite sorry for your unfortunate loss, he was a great man.

I am looking foward to reading your posts.

-Michelle

20. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

welcome sir.
    I hope this sounds right.
    I think it is really great to see you, Attila and others still remembering/missing your late friend. I only hope that I am missed when I pass the same way.
    anyhow, welcome again, you Old Timer. I get along with older folks better than most of these cats my age anyhow.