1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Heated Dog House

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by mrstranger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

I need some ideas on a heated dog house. Was thinking bout using a thermal blanket as bedding.

It's for a pup bout 9 weeks old. I gets bout 40 degrees here at night.

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

use the search function.

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

they deleted the last thread RGB

4. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

I did use the search function. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything. Thanks though.

5. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

There was just a thread a couple of weeks ago with all the info ypou could need.:confused:

6. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

here i try to sum it up for you. here where i am at gets below 10-30 degrees all the time in the winter. A dog well live through it without heated dog house. A nice built dog house with fresh and clean straw does the job. Straw equals you heated pad.

7. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Good advice and these dogs if fed properly and housed correctly can live good in negative temps let alone 40 degrees. 40 degrees is comfortable weather for 99% of dogs. Dogs run hotter than humans so 99% of the time when you are cold, they are comfortable. Feeding is very very important, they need the calories to burn the fuel to keep them warm. Straw is a perfect insulator and nothing natural is better IMO. Get a real dog house it will help, check out the one I built, you can house a dog in that type of house well below zero without a problem. Heated pad and puppy sends images of a bar b que puppy to mind first.