1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Heart????

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Octavio_.N.J., Sep 13, 2010.

1. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Quick question I have a LOT of cow heart can it be fed daily?
    Or is it not good to do so?
    Thanks every one In Advance.

2. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

if it was my dog i sure feed heart bud not daily.
    i more like 1 time in a week. or maybe 2 bud thats it.
    thats just mine opinion.

all the best to everyone:)

3. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Feed that everyday, if you have access to it. If your dog is being fed RAW, you need a good organ and heart works great, make sure it is clean, no worms or anything, definitely know where it is coming from and if you have access to it, get the other organs to and blend that stuff in a blender or something and you have a excellent feed of organs in your dog's diet. If you are just throwing to them by itself and feeding kibble, I wouldn't do that but maybe once a week. You are upsetting the digesting process by switching from raw to kibble to often, their stomach will never develop a rhythm.

4. Nova09

Nova09 Pup

Hey LBD, are you saying to feed only raw or only Kibble? Can you not feed them both, eg kibble for breakfast and raw for dinner on a daily basis?

5. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

I awlays feed raw but I been haveing tough time and started to
    feed kibble but I'm going back on raw. Mostly chicken
    so i throw some heart in there now. Thanks peeplez :D

6. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Well, i always refused to give my dogs organs, specially heart because a good friend that works on the market told me all the hormones used to fat the animal are in those organs.

7. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

It is just best to stick to one, kibble or raw. I am not saying don't treat your dog to a nice neck bone or whatever if you are feeding kibble but when you switch back and forth, some dogs not all have a hard time with it. Their bodies love routines and the same thing. Getting a hound on a daily routine makes the better in so many different ways. Pirbul could be right on that one too, that is a fact but I don't know how much of that is fully transferable, hell the FDA won't even comment a 100% on that with humans. Some people do the kibble morning, raw night and just don't see the purpose, either feed them a high quality kibble or a high quality RAW diet. Pick one IMO.

8. peppapig

peppapig Banned

id believe that.a long time ago i fed one of my bitches ox hearts for a week when i was working in an offal factory.never seen weight go on a dog so fast.i stopped.id like to think heart would be a great main feed for conditioning a dog.

9. DeepWoodz

DeepWoodz Banned

would you be referring to steroids or growth hormones? if thats the case i wouldn't be concerned about the dogs assimilating any. if they could i would switch to raw in a heart beat. this way you'd actually get your moneys worth. to many parasitic risks with raw organ diets. thats just my opinion and am in know way trying to sway those that feed raw in any way shape or form. i like a high quality kibble such as BBW formula (salmon) with some raw added green beans a few times a week. it yields a cold nose, shiney coat and small hard stools. if i had to feed a large yard i would opt for another kibble.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  10. I feed raw.I get all my meat from a lady that has her own farm so no hormones and that shit.If you feed organs i wouldt feed it every day since they can give your dog the shits if fed to much.i'll usally feed a chicken back or duck frame if feeding organ meat.

11. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I think im doing a good job on my BARF's diet. But those hormones usually retain a good amount of water. I dont even like some meats sold at supermarkets because you buy 1kg of meat but when you are cooking it, you see its full of water and you end with a 750g. You buy meat in the meatshop (sp) and you see you are really buying quality meat, with the full flavor and everything.

I'm feeding liver 1 time/week with great resuts the dogs seems to digest it very well, i combine it with lentills, rice and omega supplements. If had more money to spend on my dogs diet's i would add some horse meat, right now im using chicken, turkey and lamb combined with some veggies, lentills and rice but its like 10% of their daily meal.

PS: I alternate liver with boiled eggs, cottage cheese, atum and spineless fishes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010