1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

He Shoulda Never Turned His Back...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by luv_a_bull_girl, Oct 6, 2005.

1. hey guys i have a friend whos male pit just bred with his female pit. our concern is we've heard of father to daughter breedings but what about mother to son because this is whats happened... on the first occurence, the female wasnt evn showing signs of receptiveness, she was barely in what seemed to be her first days of her heat cycle but they still locked... i told my friend to keep them seperated from that point on or atleast supervise them when they were together but his ol stubborn ass didnt listen and they managed to lock in breeding two times more... aside from the above question, is there any doubt that she'll become pregnant and if she is, will the pups be ok?
    thanks...

2. nappydawg

nappydawg Top Dog

why would it be different from father to daughter? same thing in my mind.

3. well ive kinda heard otherwise thats y i was asking

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Lol...don't sweat it:)

5. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Pending On How The Paerents Are Bred Were They Inbred Hard Or What? I've Heard Of Crosses Being To Tight Pups Come Out With Curly Tails. I Have Never Had This Problem But Do A Little Homework On The Parents See What Happens Good Luck To You!

6. Do not worry about it. Ask tabs....his Slim Jr. was a product of Slim bred back to its mother. Have you seen Slim Jr.? What a beauty!

7. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Those dogs will be fine, don't sweat it.

8. My friend traied his female pit not to let his male pit, which is the females father to mount her. Though this caused problems when they wanted to breed her at first everything worked out.

9. oh ok thank you all just makin sure... now all my friend has to worry about is an unexpected/unplanned litter thats gonna be a handful... knowin his luck his female will drop a dozen pups if she is pregnant lol...

10. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

NO, thats not entirely true. It directly depends on how tightly bred the dogs are if they will be fine or not. You have to know the pedigrees, the outcrosses, and to know what dogs carry what traits to answer that question. Breeding tight yo uare either going to get the good or the bad... and you never know which.
    If your breeding tightly on any line no matter how healthy it is there is a chance for defacts and faults to arise. But if there are no reccurant faults that is a good thing. saying that if you have a line that throws kinks or bad bites occasionally, versus a line that is over all healthy you have a better chance of having healthy pups when you breed close.

Look at the dogs lines... are they overall healthy, are there any reccurant faluts that you know of. does the sire or dam of the litter have any faults.. ask those questions and that will give you an idea of what to expect... but as with any breeding anything can happen. they could be born with no tails or extra legs( I have seen it happen) or they could all come out fine. make sure mom has a nice protein packed diet and hope for the best.

IMHO of course.

11. ah ok even more helpful, thank you