1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by JBlazeRx7, Mar 13, 2009.

1. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Has anyone used this supplement? If so how was the out come?

VERTEX IS GREAT FOR:
    • <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]The canine athlete
      (Hunting, Schutzhund, Racing, Weight Pulling, etc.)
      [/FONT] <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Pregnant or lactating females
      (Has been known to double milk and increase health of pups at birth.)
      [/FONT] <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Finiky eaters
      (Makes into an irresistible gravy.)
      [/FONT] <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Dogs recovering from sickness
      (Parvo, Anemia, Accidents, etc.)
      [/FONT] <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Dogs with poor digestion
      (Hard to keep weight on.)
      [/FONT] <LI type=disc>[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Dogs with low energy levels[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Stud dogs and brood females
      (Helping increase sperm count and fertility)
      [/FONT]
    Many aspiring dog breeders and handlers are hoping that this is the year that their dog’s bodies will transform into the bodies of their dreams. Unfortunately, dog breeder’s love of hype puts them at the mercy of dog food, canine supplements and snake oil manufacturers and vulnerable to their marketing ploys. Professional athletes get it, trainers get it, veterinarians are now beginning to see the light but unfortunately a lot of dog owners don’t. Either they don’t care or they don’t keep up on research. Fledgling breeders may not know as much as veteran breeders but they inevitably know that supplementation plays a role in their future dog campaigning success.

Where should these supplements come from? To answer this question, we must first look at the role of protein in foods versus protein supplementation. To really understand the influence of protein and amino acids on the body would take too long so we’ll give you the short version. Over 50% of the dry weight of a dog’s body is protein. The hemoglobin that carries oxygen in the blood is even protein. The structure of your dog’s genes and brain cells is totally protein. Every single bodily function, from an eye blink to the creation of new muscle is controlled by thousands of different enzymes and enzymes are proteins! What it boils down to is if you want to breed or compete at high level, you need to get your dog’s protein nutrition right and get it right ALL OF THE TIME! You can make big mistakes with the fuel foods, i.e. carbs, fats,) but the mistakes you make with your dog’s protein will eventually haunt you. What nutrients are responsible for the majority of repairs when there is an injury? Yep protein. Protein structures are not there forever though. They die. About every six months, your dog’s entire musculature is replaced. The body he or she has today was built from what they have eaten over the last six months. Ever wonder why your dog blows coat when starting them on a new food or supplement containing quality protein? If the proteins they ate were poor quality, then the tissue that was made from that protein is going to be poor quality. Getting the picture here? For optimum performance you have to feed optimum protein to build optimum structure. PERIOD.

Exercise injures muscle! Free radicals are generated every time you exercise your dog. Those free radicals act as shrapnel, injuring every muscle cell they contact. What’s even worse is the free radical damage that occurs during exercise doesn’t stop when you stop working your dog. The free radicals that are created continue to injure your dog long afterwards. How can you combat free radicals? Antioxidants antioxidants antioxidants!! Vertex is chocked full of the most effective antioxidants like vitamins C, E and even much more powerful antioxidants from micro algae called Astaxanthin. The same powerful phytochemical that makes salmon pink and is shown to give improved protection against oxidation and photo-oxidation. Research has shown that astaxanthin is also responsible for:

2. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

No one has used this suff?:eek: Come guy's some one had to have used it once!

With all due respect for the product that Tom Garner sells (RF-1). I heard good things about that one haven't used it yet but my friend just ordered some for a show and well I'ma have to wait and see with my own eyes the out come of that one!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
  3. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

super k9 fuel !!! thats what i use

4. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

I use a raw diet so i don't need supplements

5. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

I use it now I am very happy with it.

6. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

That's what's up Onionhead. How long have you been using it so far!

Yea Ancientkulcha I'm still researching on my own reciepe for the raw. I to feed raw with alittle kibble just tuning it up to my liking. Although the math is just not right I still wanna use a supplement here and there.
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_318539", true); </SCRIPT>

7. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

We used it , and we did not get the results we did from RF1 , tried it side by side for about 8 months and the results were seen much sooner with the RF1.

8. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

We use it, and highly recommend it! However, everydog is different.

9. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

Do you have a link to somewhere that has the product you're talkin about? i'd like to look into it.

10. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

11. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Yea I just wanted to get other opinions on it my friend is on RF-1 and he's liking it too. I've haven't use either but good to know some views on it. Thanks!;)

12. Caos

Caos CH Dog

rf 1 the real deal!

13. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

i used it and i think raw is much better than any supplement. it gave my dogs diarrhea.

14. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

We use Nupro and are very happy with it

The dogs LOVE it!