1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Veteran's Day!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by coolhandjean, Nov 11, 2007.

1. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Thank you to all those that service or have serviced! Thank you to those for all your sacrifices! Thank you to those who never came home for the ultimate sacrifice! Thank God for you! Have a great Veteran's Day!

[​IMG]

2. Suki

Suki Guest

No doubt~a HUGE "Thank You" to all those who have served, and to ALL those who continue to serve.
    God bless you all. Forever grateful...

3. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i hope everyone stops for just a minute and devotes one minute of thinking about what are troops are going threw over there,,, just a minute please

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Lest we forget

[​IMG]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/remembranceday/

The Remembrance Day Poppy & In Flanders Fields Poem

The poppy is the recognized symbol of remembrance for war dead in Canada, the countries of the British Commonwealth, and the United States. The flower owes its significance to the poem In Flanders Fields, written by Major (later Lieutenant-Colonel) John McCrae, a doctor with the Canadian Army Medical Corps, in the midst of the Second Battle of Ypres, in Belgium, in May 1915.

The poppy references in the first and last stanzas of the most widely read and oft-quoted poem of the war contributed to the flower's status as an emblem of remembrance and a symbol of new growth amidst the devastation of war.

In Flanders Fields

John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders Fields.

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/remember/flandersfields_e.html

They may be gone but they are not forgotten. I thank all who served and those who are still serving for the sacrifices made to make my way of life possible.

G-pa M and G-pa B, you are sorely missed...

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

[​IMG]

Thanks to all those who still serve.. God Bless/....

6. That picture must be about 100 years old, right? [​IMG]

Here's a fresh one of me on my last tour..."winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people"
    [​IMG]

Seriously, thanks to all veterans past and future...Happy Veterans Day!

7. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

Happy Veteran's Day to all that served prior to me and those who are still serving with me.

8. simms

simms CH Dog

Happy Veterns day!

9. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

A HUGE THANK YOU!!! to all our brave Men and Women in uniform.
    God Bless all of you!!

10. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Our Freedom is not free. It costs blood ,sweat and tears, even death. For those that still serve today and all that have served in the past, there are no words to discribe what you and your family's have lost in the name of Freedom.
    Everyone one should set aside a place everyday to honor those men and women who have so unselfishly given their all to our country.

God Bless America

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  11. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

We sang that in chorus one year, and I believe it was for Veteran's day. Really nice song/poem.

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So Proud to be an American