1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

hair loss

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by APBTfan, Apr 9, 2011.

1. APBTfan

APBTfan Big Dog

I got a 10 month old pup with a round bald spot on his tail. Trying to get it healed up before a show. can someone help please?

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Could be a supracaudal gland infection aka "stud tail". Of course I can't see it so I can't be sure...

3. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

it is just hot spots it is just alergies

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Ive seen lots of dogs with thin hair on the top of thier tails about haldway down in one spot. Doesnt necessarily mean anything. I asked my vet about it, he said some dogs r just like that. Ive heard that keeping nustock on it helps, but ive never personally done that. Maybe someone on here has tried it? If so, i'd luv to hear what results they got

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

if its on the tip its prob from dehydration due to the winter or happy tail, or a combo of the two. i'm dealin with that issue as well

6. Ausdog

Ausdog Pup

my dog had hair loss on the tip from smacking it into walls. it looked like a rats tail. been using nustock on it and its fixed it up.