1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

HA Statement

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Ninety-Nine, May 5, 2011.

1. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

If you or your better half were walking your non HA game bred dog and were approached by a aggressive acting human, would you expect your dog to go into protection mode? My opinion that although pitbulls arn't much of a property protector and the average dog would probably jump in the car with any friendly stranger they would go full on protection mode if their family were threatened. I write this because people paint the extreme picture that pitbulls are either HA man biting killers or fighting machine pussies that would watch and feel sorry for you as you were having your head caved in.

2. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

my feeling is: due to this breed's innate ability to decipher a threat vs a non-threat, they would act protective if they deemed the situation or person warranted it.
    and not saying they would go all nuts and HA, but they would protect you, if need be.

3. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

There is a distinct difference between HA and protection if someone came up to me in a threatening manner and my hound decides to chew his leg off so be it...i honestly would expect no less from a dog iv raised since he was 8 weeks.. but when a dog lunges and snaps and bites at humans who simply are doing nothing wrong they deserve a bullet *cough zebo cough*

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

not all dogs are the same some will some will not but either way i would rather my APBT not do so but if he did so be it i was the one being attacked

5. cutt

cutt CH Dog

no............

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

dogs prey on weakness ! i recall a situation here in england pr-ban ,this guy was with his pit when some trouble came his way ,he was duely whacked about the person with a length of 2*4 he went down squealin ,his dog tore right into him !

7. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yup my neighbors dog got hit by a car and started squealing so my gsd mix grabs him and just starts shaking him trying to kill him

8. kersey

kersey Pup

My 2yr boy is dog aggressive but not gamebred. He just wagged his tail when a junkie was screaming his head off at me and the missus on the street. No idea what would happen if it escalated into a fist fight.. I have been pondering about staging a similar situation with some friends and see what the dog will do if the attacker actually grabs me or the wife.

9. The last person who tried to break into our house left with only half his face. My pet bitch litteraly saved my life taking repeated blows by the intruder with a pipe, but in the end she did her job and since then we have not had any problems with people trying to break in. So dogs DO defend their property, it just depends on how they are raised but ALL dogs are territorial.
    In the street, no one can approach my kids when they have a dog with them, the dogs will not permit it unless they know the person and even then they are always very attentive toward any malice intended on them. It all depends on how they are raised. In my case, my kids raise the dogs as pups until they go on chains.

It's true about weakness, if our dogs sense any they will try to kill it. But not a family member, my kids have fallen, got wrapped up in chains and hurt, I have also had the same happen to me and I could not imagine any of our dogs harming them on purpose, just the opposite. If they even showed a sign of a possibility that they could do that, they would be feeding the plants here. It all depends on how they are raised and if your dog won't protect you then you are not the alpha male.

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i agree with gringo ! its how you raise them . the guy i referred to was a pillock and his dog obviously thought so too lol , i got broke into once ! from all accounts he was screaming to get out of my front door,upon said exit he left some of his leg behind,which is how the feds nailed him !lol also about being the alpha male just watch footage of riot cops and their dogs ,the are naturally scared but are trained not to show it ! it all boils down to having confidence and a real bond with your dog ..

11. kersey

kersey Pup

I would think that if they consider you alpha male, they actually won't 'protect' you, because they look up to you to take care of the situation? Of course it depends on the situation.

12. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

false the way packs work is that you protect the alpha male

13. Mark1427

Mark1427 Big Dog

That's the idea that I had as well.

14. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I think a dog will take care of a human pack member in trouble unless it's just a real scared/submissive dog whether it considers you "alpha" or not. Food comes from the boss (human). You'd think a dog would defend its food source.