1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gull Ter & BullyTer breeds?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Kruger, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Kruger

Kruger Pup

Gull Ter & BullyTer breeds?

Does anyone have any useful info on ether breeds I've heard the Gul Ter is similar if not directly linked with old time english bull terriers ? Anyone know of any gul Ters in the uk?

2. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Re: Gull Ter & BullyTer breeds?

As India was a colony of the British Empire they brought their dogs with them.
    As the Baiting sports have been pretty common aswell as catching / hunting there have sure been many of these dogs arround!

Even though I donĀ“t consider them then same breed as the Bullterrier or the Bully Kutha as the same thing as the Mastiff they are without a doubt descendants of these dogs or at least they had a big influence on them!

There is a page that is called beasts from the east if I remember correctly!

There you have boatloads of info about these dogs!

3. Kruger

Kruger Pup

Re: Gull Ter & BullyTer breeds?

Are there any in the uk that you know of? The gull rather than bully kutha

4. jacko

jacko CH Dog