1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grand Carpet Mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Rampage, Nov 12, 2009.

1. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

For the price your going to spend on a new carpet mill, you could spend a touch more and get a used slatmill. Used mills are always popping up! I just bought a red river curly for $400. That included him driving 4 hours to bring it to me, lol!

2. sddog

sddog Pup

i have a grand carpet mill, i run my dog almost every day it works great I agree the belt doesnt last too long but you can easily get it replaced at any carpet store for like $15. With shipping it is a great deal. Colby slat mills on the other hand the shipping alone was $500 forget that. The carpet mill serves its purpose and I dont mind replacing the belt twice a year

3. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

You can take the dogs legs right out of him using a carpet mill. If you do decide to still ise one, never leave him on longer then 5 minutes!!

4. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

I agree but disagree. In Colby's 28 day keep. You would work your dog twice a day starting with 5 minutes at the most. You should increase the time slowly and by the end of the keep your dog should be running the mill for 20 minutes twice a day.

if you are just keeping your do in shape I would run'em for five minutes

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

if you think that im pretty sure you havent seen a real Colby mill. Paul's craftsmanship is second to none. the attention to detail is astounding. the Colby mill will last you generations, the GCM is what i would call a ~disposable~ mill.
    if it were me i would look at the price difference ( $200) and look at the long term. there is a saying "quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"

6. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

Pretty cool

7. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

28 day keep??? 20 minutes twice a day for a total of 40 minutes??? If Colby is talking about doing that on a carpet mill, he is nuts!!! I would of love to match against him back in the day if that is what he really did. Don't beleive everything you read:)

8. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

so 5 minutes is all they need on the carpet mill? damn oops j/k
    what about on a slatmill whats a good time to jkeep em
    just for basic maintenance

9. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

I ended up getting a used slat. I will post up pictures this weekend when I get it set up.

10. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

Found some time! He's just getting used to it but he's getting the hang of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

^^^^^^SWEET ASS MILL^^^^^^^^ I like that a lot. Looks like a corvette!!!! Lol, makes mine look like a beat up VW, lol.

12. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

For basic maintenance, you only need to leave them on there for 15 minutes. Don't leave him on it alone. Hand walk him for 20 minutes before you put him on and hand walk him for 20 minutes when you take him off the mill.

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Rampage, are the slats on that mill wood or plastic? Just curious! It almost looks like hard plastic cause the would is finshed so nice.

14. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

I got plastic and wood slats for it. I perfer the plastic because it's A LOT more quiet that way. I live in military housing so I don't want to make too much noise with it.

15. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Is the plastic slippery on the dogs feet? I've never seen one with plastic slats. Very, very nice mill!

16. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

lol so i guess the gamblers is a lambo

17. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

The Gambler is a gem!

18. mr.futuristic

mr.futuristic Big Dog

yeah i cant wait to bring one of those warlocks to the camp

19. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

Thanks, I haven't had a problem with it being too slippery so it's working out real nice.

20. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

Well no doubt he would have handed you your rear end. And this keep is what is written in his book. I'll take his word for it since the oldman is the last of a dying breed.

I bet Colbydogs can vouch for the keep???