1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grand Carpet Mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Rampage, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

Has anyone bought one of these mills or heard anything about it? I'm thinking of getting one because of the price as long as their international shipping isn't too bad.

http://www.grandcarpetmill.com/deluxe.htm

2. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I was also interested. I emailed them about shipping and handling but they never got back to me.

3. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

That sucks because I just e-mailed them with a shipping question. Hope they get back to me.

4. molly

molly Banned

I seen one of them mills in the UK around 15 yr ago. It was tiny & i have to say it looked impressive,but i never seen a dog run it.

5. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

these are the best carpet mills on the market and at a lot better price than most places

6. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Have you ever used one or seen a dog run it? The colby carpet mill IMO is the best carpet mill that is produced for the public.

7. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

a friend of mine has had one for as long as i can remember and i have ran a couple of my dogs on it and ive seen him run his dogs on it and it seems to run smoother and quieter than a colby mill and the results are great of course this is just my opinion but i think its better quality than colby mills and much more affordable

8. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

I own both a GCM and Colby mill. The GCM is a waste of $$$ IMHO. They aren't very smooth running and the belt wears rapidly. If you are looking to invest in your dogs future, and are looking for a good carpetmill that will last a lifetime buy a Colby mill the craftsmanship is second to none. It cost some $$ to ship but you have to pay the cost to be boss.

9. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Thank you button!

10. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

I have a GCM and the only complaint has been mention = the belt wears out too quickly. Other than that I love that thing (tho I have never owned a Colby Mill)

11. 1503bulls

1503bulls Big Dog

I have agrand carpet and slatmills...we actually make slatmills

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I have one. It's alright, but I'd rather have a slat mill.

13. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

and whats the price for yours

14. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

colby mills r the best. gcm r good 4 starter yards

15. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i would not have any carpet mill for free.a square built free spinning slatmill is what i have used since giving away my carpet mill around 15 years ago.

16. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

Thanks guys. I think Im gonna look into the GCM because of the price. I live in Guam so shipping is going to be crazy.

17. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Cpt mill are a waste of $$$...even though the Colby mill spins OK your better off pulling weights to get the same benefit from a cpt mill, and invest in a slatmill!

YIS

18. Powwow

Powwow Pup

GCM are ok to have.Yes the belt wears out fast. On my i spread silcon on the side that the dog run and it last longer.

19. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

The GCM is cool as far as function but as mentioned earlier the belt wears out too fast and you have to constantly apply silicon caulk on it to slow down the life of the belt. Its ok for a starter especially if money is an option but the colby mill is the better choice.

20. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

http://www.colbypitbull.com/treadmil.htm

Is this above site, the site, that you'd say is the 'best' of the mills. (excluding slat)

I'm looking to get something different, as I use 2 e-mills right now. I've heard good about both and a buddy (who's on here) is looking into getting me a used Slatmill.

AP