1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

good or bad idea

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by thedude04, Nov 30, 2005.

1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

i was just wondering if it wouod be a good or bad idae to adbout a 5 mouth puppy when i have two boys already ther are about 4 mouth i was going to have them meet each other frist so i could ee how all partys react to each other but im still not sure if its a good idea

ps the two at my house arent nutered yet

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Quite simply-No its not a good idea if you plan on them all living together peacefully. If you are ok with "crate and rotate" and have plenty of free time to excersise multiple dogs then possibly, but it is never a good idea to have multiple pitbulls living in the same house.

Kay likes this.
  3. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

i agree with rock
    ive only seen it work with opposite sex petbulls/amstaffs. however id say game dogs its bound to be a problem eventually

4. Suki

Suki Guest

Yup, gutta learn how to do the pitbull shuffel dance, my friend!!!!

Otherwise, fa getaboutit!!!!!!

5. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

im still not sure what u mean my there two gwt along with each other but im not quiet sure why another dog would make a big diff please elaborate so i my better understand thanx sorry for the ignoranince

6. Suki

Suki Guest

4 months, is young. Their "True colors" so to speak, are not showing yet. They have growing and maturing to do. My female was GREAT with other dogs, then one day, BAM!!!!!! She changed. My friend's dog that she used to hang with, was suddenly her new enemy. So, it's just kind of a "heads up" for you. Get ready to break out the crates before long=hence the shuffel, cuz you cannot guarantee that they will not fight. Bank on, that they will, and your dogs will probably live longer, happier, and SAFER lives. Adding one more, just means you'll have to seperate one more.
    And, BTW, questions are ALWAYS welcomed. That's how we ALL learn, in EVERY aspect of life, so, feel free to fire 'em away.
    Just givin yah a warning is all. Never trust them NOT to fight...

7. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

I must agree. Your dogs are still young and have not fired up yet. You never know when that will happen some will earlier than others.

8. Suki

Suki Guest

9. bronxpits

bronxpits Big Dog

your best bet is the crate rotate set up for multiple pitbulls

10. MPD

MPD Big Dog

Hell even around 6 month some pups show fire.....

11. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

ya they are both creat trained and they do pretty well but thanx for all the help

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm guessing you added another? First thing to do would obviously be neuter all of the dogs and read thoroughly "Suki"s link. What was meant by crate and rotate was not stick them in a crate when your gone, but keep only one out at all times and rotate them between outdoors and being crated. I'm glad they do well now but do not rely on it to be the same when they grow up, even curs can easily kill another dog. Also, buy some breaking sticks and be familiar with how to use them because chances are you are going to have a fight on your hands one day, and you very well could lose 2 dogs in a matter of minutes if you cant break up a fight.