1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

good exapmle of our wastfull us goverment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 7mmrowland, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

Talked to home builder who when the housing slowed down did some work for FEMA he mentioned 1000's upon 1000's of wasted walnut trees and oaks in nothing but blowdown condition bulldozed into piles and burned! Anything personally took or used was a felany and was considered stolen property of the us government! Walnut trees so big he couldnt reach around em! ever buy a walnut board at the local mill? OMFG!

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Lol, 7mm that story is like one hair on a buffalo. The longer your in construction around government jobs the sicker you get. Its a shame about the waste in this country.

3. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

I in the concrete biz and i see it all the time.like 50 city workers to do the job of no more than 10.And they dont always follow the codes they make private companies adhere to.

4. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

That story is disturbing. Wasted trees/wood and a threat of felony conviction if someone tried to make use of those resources. I guess when you're in power, you don't need to make sense.

5. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

its like when restaurants throw out left over food but dont want the homeless to go thru they dumpsters

6. hardluck

hardluck Banned

the only reason they throw it away and not give it to the needy is because of fears of being sued. its cheaper to throw it away than to be sued and possibly shut your business down, but i do feel were you coming from. i used to be a cook and i used to hate throwing away foods like that. i always thought they should be given to the needy. the whole tree thing is messed up but if you sold 1 tree from that you would have been steeling from the government lol.. they always to have their cut lol.