1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

God was watching my son!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TxDogger, Mar 25, 2008.

1. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

My son is 7 years old and he has four dogs on the yard that he raised and he feeds them everyday.. We were running behind to get him off to baseball practice so when I saw him gazing up in the trees when he was suposed to be getting his dogs fed.. Needless to say I was mad.. I yelled at him threw the window to hurry and he said "Momma something is wrong with this tree" I told him to just hurry and he still just stood there.. One of his dogs was barking and barking and at the oposite end of his chain freaking out.. I told him look the dog is hungry now feed and come on.. He yelled back that he had already fed that dog and to come out because the tree looked weird.. I yelled at him one more time and made my way to the door.. Just as I got one foot out I heard a noise that sounded like a bomb going off and the hole house shook.. When I got to the edge of the house I saw that there was no way around because the hudge oak was laying across the yard.. I yelled for my son because it fell right where he was standing before.. there was no answer.. I was crying, and yelling as I made my way around the huge tree that crushed my dogs house and barely missed the dog that was freaking out before... When I got around the tree my son was standing only two feet away from where the tree fell.. He had turned around and started to walk away with his wagon when it fell.. It barly missed him.. He was in shock and didn't speak just had tears running down his face.. I hugged him and just prayed.. Thank the Lord for being with my son, and I will always listen to him, and not just rush him along................

2. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

It is amazing, the keen senses that dogs have. Your dog must have known something was wrong, and was trying to tell somone. I have a male (Sledge) He is always quiet, always has been. One night i had my cousin over, she is epileptic. Well, at around 2:30 that morning, Sledge starting raising pure hell. howling, barking, whining. this was extremely odd behavior for him. Well, i went outside to tell him to shut up. it was not even 10 minutes after i got back inside, that my cousin got up to go to the bathroom, went in the restroom, locked the door behind her, and had the worst seizure of her life. She was hospitalized and was busted up pretty bad, due to falling into my bathtub face first. After she had the seizure, Sledge didn't make another sound. Now, if that isn't sensing something, i don't know what is.

3. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

That is amazing... we have such a wonderful breed of dogs...............

4. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

What caused the tree to explode?

Glad your son is okay!! Your doing good by teaching him responsibility and good work ethics at a young age. I do the same with my daughters!!

5. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Thank you.. My son asked me for his first dog two years ago and I explained to him what comes with it and he wasn't ready.. He got his first dog when he turned six and then three followed.. He does everything with his dogs.. Feeds Waters, and cleans chain spaces.. He got to help with his first show in October.. He loves the dogs and Yes it is a big responsibility and he takes it on full force..

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Im glad your son is ok but listen, if you had not "rushed him along" he would have been standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. Everything happens for a reason. You did fine IMO. Just run of the mill, everyday parenting. Theres NOTHING wrong with that.

7. velli2008

velli2008 Big Dog

We absolutely do have a wonderful breed of dog!!! I wouldn't trade mine for the world.

8. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

Your right If I wasn't being a tirant Lord know what could have happend.....

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Glad your son is Ok but what happened?

Do you know yet?

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Glad to hear your son is ok!

We have a huge problem with dead trees in this area because of the hurricanes 2 years ago. They just keep toppling over....for instance, one of the homes on our street had a tree fall through their house 3 weeks ago and another fell right beside it (crashing through their fence) 4 nights ago.

You might want to have any remaining trees checked for disease just to be on the safe side.

11. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

Man...I am glad your son is okay.

12. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

13. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I'm glad he is safe