1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

George Saddler of MS

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by shotgun wg, Aug 23, 2014.

1. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Saw an old add today of an open challenge put forth by George Saddler and Earl Tudor. Can anyone tell me about George. I saw in the add he was from Cleveland MS.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol man part of don m knowledge of how to shape one came from George.

3. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

George was an old timer that was known as one of the best to ever shape a dog. Don Mayfield went and stayed with George to learn how to put one in shape. George was known as the Mississippi Hawk . George and Leo would put on shows together and some say their shows was the best around at the time. George and his wife owned a restaurant and George would work at night and shape a dog during the day. George also had young workers at the restaurant that would walk his dogs. George believed in a lot of hand walking. He was quoted as saying it will help a dog stand and think on his feet.

4. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

I know I did a lot of looking last night and found very little info on him. I saw a few pics of him and his Bozo dog. Very little info otherwise.

Shotgun
    Arkansas