1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gee Get some sense ppl!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by JBlazeRx7, Mar 26, 2009.

1. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
    • Ohio mom charged with child endangering after family's dog mauled son's foot
    • The 4-year-old boy's foot is amputated; the puppy is destroyed
    • The boy did not know the dog was biting him because he has spina bifida
    Adjust font size:
    Decrease fontDecrease font
    Enlarge fontEnlarge font

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- The mother of a 4-year-old boy whose foot was mauled by the family's pit bull puppy was charged with child endangering, authorities said Saturday.

Martina Jennings, 23, took her son to a hospital Friday because his foot was bleeding and told authorities she saw blood on the dog's face and chest, Lucas County Dog Warden Tom Skeldon said. The foot was amputated.

The boy has no feeling below the waist because of spina bifida, so he did not know the dog was biting him, Skeldon said. Spina bifida is a defect that occurs when the backbone and spinal cord do not close before birth.

The black-and-white puppy was destroyed. Skeldon said he questioned the puppy's ability to cause so much damage because its teeth weren't mature.

Jennings was being held in the Lucas County jail on the felony charge.

The phone rang unanswered at Jennings' home Saturday; it was unclear whether she had retained an attorney.

Thought some of you might find this interesting.

<HR>fuzzdomestic
    02-04-2007, 02:01 PM

Why are idiots allowed to own dogs??? Yes, leave the 4-year-old boy who can't feel anything below his waist alone with a puppy who' probably teething. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed, much less have kids and dogs at the same time. Then the media gets into it. If it had been a Lab or a Collie mix, it would have just been "the family dog", but no, it's "the family pit bull. I'm two inches away from giving up on the human race.

<HR>Dumi
    02-04-2007, 04:47 PM

The only one to blame is the woman, clearly. And yes, as fuzzdomestic puts it, the media is always after pitbull news and if they could, they would write P I T B U L L with red letters! bastards

<HR>Drazhar
    02-21-2007, 09:47 PM

idiot owners, i hate them... and yet its fact that PITBULL'S are super people friendly...

and it was probably not a pitbull, the media is gay and there knowledge on dogs suck at best, any bully breed to them that attacks a person is called a pitbull.

BSL gets around countries now banning any pitbull "type" dogs because they are so stupid that they cant tell the difference...

<HR>HoleHearted85
    02-23-2007, 06:22 AM

I think its sad that the puppy had to be destroyed because of that.. The puppy probably didnt know any better.. I hate seeing puppies/dogs being destroyed for no reason.. The puppy didnt attack the boy.. He was probably just playing.. And no one probably taught the puppy not to bite when playing..

<HR>:eek: it always has to be a pitbull freakin idiots! What the F*$K!:mad:

http://www.breederretriever.com/forums//archive/index.php/t-173.html