1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gaud.... I'm A Sucker

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Zoe, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Oh gaud.... no... I live in the freakin' ghetto of my area. It's so notorious some people refused to come here to meet fosters when I was rescuing. lol I just COMPLETELY lucked out and found a place for rent that was oddly a brand new house! It's really cheap to buy here because no one wants to live here so there has been some new development going on. Once you pass the two big trees over hanging the road, it's all crack shacks, biker club houses and prostitutes! :p It is a very pit bull friendly area in general although probably for all the wrong reasons. When something negative comes up in the headlines about the breed, the public always go, let me guess.. they are from Surrey. Kinda pisses me off actually. lol There used to be a big graffiti across some wall here that said ''Surrey, Pit Bull Capital Of Canada. lol I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. lol

Ya... she is definitely a FUN girl. Just a joy to work. She will literally go until she drops and then drag her ass up to go some more! lol

2. Tommygunn

Tommygunn Big Dog

That is a prime examply of why I can't get involved in the rescue business. I love animals too much it would break my heart to have to give any of them up. Would end up way over my head.

3. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

You know... it wasn't as hard as you would think it would be to give them up and you know why? There was always another waiting in the wings on death row for a chance, so if one went, another could be saved. That's how I did it. I just kept telling myself, if this one goes, room for one more. I've since quit rescue though, not because of the dogs, but because of the people. SO many AMAZING dogs out there looking for homes but it got to the point that I realized dispite them deserving a loving home, people didn't deserve them. It's a sad day when you reach the point where you truely feel that they are better off dead because no matter how hard you screen, how hard you educate, people still seem to screw up, and this breed has no more second chances.