1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garners Momo

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Geronimo, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

I recently purchased a dog from Tom Garner. The Sire was Momo. Does anyone have any info on momo?

2. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Obviously the info didn't matter before you dropped the cash so I seriously doubt it will after the fact, lol. I never understood nonsence like this...just enjoy your pup.

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

No it doesnt matter all that much. I dont care if he is champion, grand champion, ROM. I dropped my money after months of looking for ADBA style bulldogs and most breeders dont respond to calls. During those months of research I have come to find out most ppl think Tom Garner is a stand up guy. I told him I want a show dog for ADBA that would be raised with a family. Lower prey drive, a physical speciman, great conformation. So was my dog's sire a killer,man biter. Currently he is being raised in a day care, should I take him out? Will he be a competitor in ADBA shows?

4. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Tom Garner's prices are high and some people like him, some people don't. Some view him as a peddler, I will reserve my own opinion as I've never dealt with him personally. I will say this though, whether or not your dog will take conformation shows will depend on the pup itself. Just love the pup and raise him well.

5. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Momo, from the info available on the web, is just about to turn 3, so he is young and I doubt you will get too much info from individuals with pups from him, or personal experience with him as a stud or performance dog. Your best bet is to go by what the seller told you.

6. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. get that dog out of the daycare, or are you just trying to feed the media with more news? why? kennel the dog when the kids are there and then when the business is closed for the night bring the dog back with you and the family. your looking for trouble.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

He is going to work with my girl freind. He is 9wks old. We socialized our other dogs this way. When he is old enough to do actual damage we will take him out. Do you beleive that these dogs are incapable of socialization?Seriously!?. This is my first pitbull with these types of bloodlines but I have raised other pitbulls, chows, dobermans and rotweilers and would have bet money they would have never bite another person or a dog for that matter. I have made it a point to take every opportunity to socialize my dogs so they would be good exemplars of their respected breed but do you think that pitbulls of this calibur to be unsocialized

8. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

I mean unsociable

9. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

It has become painfully obvious that your inexperience with bulldogs has set you on a path that may flirt with disaster for your dog in some form of "accident" that may have been prevented if only you had taken all the necessary precautions and then some that come with owning a game bred APBT. If you succeed in acheiving your goals you may be the exception and not the rule and a risky exception at that, but hey if you fail even just a bit you will most definitely add your dog to the "infamous" statistics that bulldogs involved in "accidents" with other dogs represent because of their owner's neglect which places them in unordinary situations not suitable for game bred bulldogs.

You yourself have just stated that you recognize that the dog has the potential to do damage, so why even play with the idea of when it is appropriate to take the dog out of a social situation in which your dog goes unsupervised with other dogs for even a few seconds. Think about your logic and then come back with a semi reasonable response, otherwise just take the advice being given to you and be more than extra carefull with such an expensive dog that has the potential to do damage without backing down if it is involved in an "accident" created by your ignorance.

10. Geronimo

Geronimo Banned

I always knew not to leave him alone with other dogs but from everything Ive been told these dogs were bred specifically not to bite humans. If I am never to trust my dog around humans ,no matter the amount of socialization,I will have no problem shipping him back to northcarolina and losing my investment. Maybe I shouldnt have bought in to the positive pitbull press

11. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

Again, you are missing the point. You will do whatever you want with your investment. Shipping him back to NC sounds like your coming to your senses, since you will be too lazy to properly care for this breed of dog.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

9weeks old? Yes socialize the dog. Supervised with the children. This isn't some grown dog running around with kids

Kerney Perry likes this.
  13. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

i didnt mean to scare you Geronimo. i hope you dont think of sending that dog back to NC. the dog is not a ticking time bomb, its not an alligator, a lion its not a wild animal its only a dog with a bad rap. the bad rap comes only from the owners negligence to understand its history and respect it. the APBT is a very social animal, but im fine with my animals only being social and coming into contact with me and the family and to a certain extent the extended family. keep your dog man you will be very happy with him. they are very smart animals and are very trainable, but like Naustroms mentioned its not a grown dog. let the pup have fun. its only a dog, but a very strong dog so have some respect for that strength& your business when the pup gets around 8-10+months and start kenneling.

FYI since you said your going to be showing the dog in ADBA your not going to appreciate that dogs strength until you have him in the show ring tugging on the leash and barking at the dogs around you lol. thats when you will start understanding the strength of the your dog lol when your holding him back from getting to the other dog lol.keep the dog and show him, but if inexperienced dont try to be the dog whisperer because most of those guys usually find a way to screw the bred up.

14. NGK

NGK Top Dog

So if the dog gets proper socialization and then bites someone who do we blame, the peddler or the owner? Is Tom actually breeding for a purpose other than money anymore? So many questions should be asked about the lineage of the dog, Sire and Dam should be discussed, age of said dogs when bred, history of said dogs around children as well as history of their direct ancestors etc... Was the breeding made for show dogs, match dogs, money.... the list goes on and on.

As for the advise to keep the dog away from children because "your just asking for an accident" do us all a favor and shoot every dog you have because if thats how you view the breed your not capable of bettering it in any way.

NGK

15. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Good points you make NGK.

16. NGK

NGK Top Dog

So again I ask who do you blame?? Why is it that its ok for people to peddle the shit out of this breed, BYB or Tom, makes no difference to me, TO MANY DOGS IN TO MANY HANDS!!!!

NGK

17. hardluck

hardluck Banned

NGK why do you insist on turning this into a garner thread when there is a thread for that already. quite crying over spilled milk. the dogs that are making the news by me arent from garner. these dogs are cross bred bully pieces of shit that owners buy to look cool with. i dont blame the tg for anything. its not his dogs making the news. maybe if people would stop buying animals for looks, but instead for truly understanding them this shit wouldnt happen. put blame in the hands were the blame fell. you dont go marching and harassing smith and wesson for making guns that kill people do you? quit talking shit and preach somewhere else on your puppy peddling issues and while your at it also preach on the stopping of selling guns because 15 people were also shot starting saturday ending sunday this past weekend also At Least 15 Wounded In Weekend Shootings CBS Chicago.

people need to take responsibility for there actions instead of pushing blame onto others.

18. babedulce

babedulce Big Dog

hardluck, in a sense, this is a garner thread from the get go, except that Momo is a relatively unrecognized stud so there is little info on him and the only thing that most people may eventually turn to is the breeder and that would be garner, and on that note it will either be pro or con. Either way you make valid points to a degree about the guns, but I doubt anything will change on that end either.

19. NGK

NGK Top Dog

The only one crying is you buddy, stop posting links and do something about it, rather than spreading media propoganda.

NGK

20. hardluck

hardluck Banned

yeah, you are right babedulce it is a garner thread my bad. people really need to look into the breed they are going to get instead of jumping the gun on impulses when selecting for a breed to own. a breeder can not do a full criminal back ground check to see who is who. they cant ask for references nothing. if the op feels the need to have a APBT around a room of random children everyday and no accident happens for the whole 12-16 years of that dogs life then good for him and the breed. if a accident does happen shame on him not the breeder that sold him the dog. i personally think that owners are getting away with too much of this shit. if a dog seriously injured someone it doesn't matter the breed they should have to do a mandatory jail term. that right there would stop alot of people from being irresponsible with this breed and other dangerous breeds and minimize BSL's. in the article i posted the man that lost his leg the owner of the dog was given a fine. i own the breed and i think thats bullshit, but what happens the owner is downplayed and the breed gets hit with everything.