1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Garners Kemo

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bb051491, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Your dog is 7months old how can you judge this dog? Seems that said dog was shipped with no problems. TG will not avoid you and any problems you may have. Seems kinda sketchy you are ready trade hands with "good family dog". I just want future readers to understand my pup is a fantastic asset to my family. If anybody has any ?s please feel free to PM me.

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

fuck that... forever so real eats dogs... hes better off with me! lol

3. nkcell

nkcell Pup

I'm sketchy??

I have a dog that shits and pisses on himself from fear of other dogs just from meeting them, a dog who has jaw tremors

Do you understand the type of fear im talking about here buddy?? I'm talking LOCKED frozen in fear vibrating in a corner just from a publix bag laying on the ground type fear or the wind or a cardboard box or a hundred other things, that's not NORMAL, that's a genetic nerve bag.

I've never had a dog so fearful, 8 months or not you can tell a fearful/shy nerve bag cur from a confident normal dog. if you don't think so, what you know about dogs will rattle in a match box. You can tell that in the litter

while he is super affectionate and he is very smart and knows 10+ commands, I also need a dog that's able to WORK on my property with small game not run away pissing on himself vibrating from fear of everything.

BTW, NO you are WRONG, TG did AVOID me I sent him a professional email stating my concerns about the mental health of the dog and I got ZERO reply, so fuck TG and fuck you too for calling me sketchy, you aren't the one playing Dr phil for some genetic line bred nerve bag.

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I don't care about you and TG's relationship but I do have to say that you should give the pup time to mature and grow up. You're prejudging this pup way too early.

5. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Back in the late 90's when Frisco dogs became popular I saw & owned some directly of Frisco and Rebel Yell , Hickory..The one thing that made me not want to own the line was the extreme shyness of them, now I never saw one as bad as you describe but the shy trait is in those dogs and really comes out when tightly bred. I would continue to contact TG and get a new pup from him. Yis Ole Man

6. Steeldog

Steeldog Big Dog

Can they grow out of that shyness. Say when they are in their prime? 3-5 years old.

7. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Honestly I went away from the blood directly from TG , I'll use it but from a different breeder of the same blood. Some cases of the shyness wasn't bad but most were the type of do I wanna wait around to see if the dog comes around. I think the thing alot of people don't realize is any time you buy a pup/dog of a breeder how much attention do you think they get with 20 other litters on the ground at the same time? Yis Ole Man

8. niko

niko CH Dog

Ive got a couple directly from T.G one was a little shy but grew out of it and the other wasn't shy at all . I've got a litter that was 75% frisco and not one was shy

9. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

My frisco dog isn't shy one bit. She wasn't too fond of strangers when she was a small pup but I don't mind my dogs not liking strangers. I didn't get her from TG either. Great point Rage about pup not getting much attention.

10. dayair1

dayair1 Big Dog

That does sound extreme. I have owned a couple dogs from TG, one was shy and sketchy around people, the other is out going and friendly. I would call him and talk to him. Hell use someone else's phone if you think he is not taking your calls. He has always been upfront and fair to me.

11. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Can't say much about Frisco dogs or anybody else's dog in general but mine didn't start coming around till about 8-9 months. He was very cautious, polite, tail between the legs of a dog for a long time then it all changed too quick. It is not uncommon that dogs freak out at the sight of plastic bags, balloons or weird objects. Mine gunned for the back door every time I changed the trash can liner at the house and it's not like I haven't been doing it for months.. Some just takes longer to come around that's all. Anyway, you should give it more time for it to grow out of it and if it don't turn out by adulthood then get back with TG. Just my 2c.

12. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

A few years back I had one off of ch dynamite to
    A daughter of rebel yell when I got him home from
    The airport he would not come out of the crate I
    Dismissed that as any plane ride would frighten
    A ten week old pup ! After a week he was fine and
    Not shy at all turned into a great dog for me I have
    His daughter now and she is like a clone of her sire
    So take it for what its worth give the dog a chance
    Or send it my way ill give it a good home lol ...

Nmdogs

13. niko

niko CH Dog

Same here :)

14. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

You sent ONE professional email? Why not call the man up and speak with him about your situation? We don't know how you have brought up said dog so all we can do is ask and assume. I understand you are frustrated with YOUR dog but shit it's still just but a pup far from hunting age.

(919) 423-3486 call TG up and maybe you can narrow down the problem you are having. As for the sketchy part, you are trying to push this dog on someone else as a "good family dog" that shits and pisses on it self? I'm no Dr Phil but I personally would have made that call the first week I noticed something off in my dogs stability.

Post a pic of your dog if you could

15. kitchener

kitchener Pup

Hate to say it, but maybe you should cut your losses. I went through the same thing when I imported a South African SBT to the States about 10 years ago (from a very good breeder, and having known others who'd imported from that breeder with no issues). I don't know what happened during that trip, but he was a fear dog compounded by a health problem stemming from brachycephalic issues whenever he exerted himself (he couldn't bark for months after his arrival so we assumed there was a tie-in somehow). He'd shake and even snap at us if we were toweling his muddy feet. Snapped at my wife while she was front-lining him. We stuck by him into adulthood until he snapped at our 4-year old. We gave away our $1,000 dog to a Texas couple who'd emigrated from SA and knew the Pretoria breeder we'd gotten him from. It was a real sad thing, especially for our little boy.

On the other hand, we've always felt (and still feel) the SBT is a nearly bomb-proof dog and when we recently got a pup, we seriously considered getting another one, attributing the above experience to the unknowns involved when shipping a dog (and bad luck). Most times, no problem, but that was a long trip for a little guy, and in the end, something did/must-have happened.

We recently decided to get another dog and if I'd found a domestic breeder who reliably reproduced SBTs I admired as much as that South African kennel's, I would have seriously considered another Stafford. We went with an APBT instead, AND DROVE THERE, lol.

Anyway, my $.02, and maybe just an isolated experience, but with similar experiences, I'm wondering if it was the shipping, and not the pup.

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I hate shipping pups, I try to stay within a 12 hour drive so I can pick up myself, besides hard to pick one you want from a pic

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

17. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

One email should have been enough. As I stated earlier I had dogs directly off of Frisco and seen yards full of dogs off him, and the one constant problem was some were scary as hell just like the Frisco dog himself. Is the line good yes but that trait pops up some cases worst than others, granted the dog is young but one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know if said pup is going to grow out of it. Give him a call and get a new pup. Yis Ole Man

18. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

Ive got one. Scared to death of wind . Cant walk her,scared of cars. Cold or curry but will never be on her back lol.

19. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Point? I have had many a shy dog that were totally different when it mattered, what the OP is describing are the extreme cases of what Frisco dogs can and will produce. Don't see how that was helpful at all. Yis Ole Man

20. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

Just an exp with one of my ogs thats shy. Its a frisco dog and i kept her around even tho she acts real goofy. She actuakly has gotten worse with age and being fixed. I promise no more negative talk on boyles or frisco dogs. They are all perfect except mine.