1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bloodlines that are good with children?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by The Keep Book, Mar 14, 2015.

1. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

So you expect the pups to get all genes from mama?? If you knew about breeding dogs and had done it before you'd understand how far fetched your assumptions are. Breeding a 30 pound bitch to a sixty pound male isn't going to mean pups will be somewhere in the middle. I've bred two dogs together both in the 30's, and out of 9 pups weight ranges are 25-50 at 14 months. Also what you think happens when you get one wound as tight as the female and aggressive as the male???

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

As much as I would like to add what the other is lacking,,, your right cajun its a crapshot and breeding on this standard of middle grounds is only able to come to full life after working with a family for a handful of generations...

3. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

Dogs I have bred and raised around my kids my children are allowed to deal with under my supervision. I have never kept a man bitter let alone bred to one or one that came down from known man biters since I have been married with children.

When I acquire a grown dog from someone else's stock my children get limited interaction. And supervised play with any of its offspring. I have a dog now that I got from a good Dogman who doesn't have kids and my children are not allowed to fool with him at all. But he is not like others that I have had to move to a kennel partner's yard because of signs I saw that did not sit well with me.

So as with anything commonsense goes a long way.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...good practice and advice...

5. You have no idea what ur talkin bout I have raised these dogs for goin on 15 yrs and I'm only 24..got my first one at 10yrs old and have been breeding them ever since. These dogs are how u raise them and treat them. I have 4yr old son and a 9month old daughter that my new 5month old blue pearl has been round since he was 4weeks old and I would trust him to watch my kids before I would you. Before u judge these animals let experience prove you otherwise..if u can't train this breed right and make them how u want them then get rid of them and shut ur mouth

6. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

Wow!!!! Realbullyowner you sure know how to make friends with your 3rd post on this site. I see you've been breeding most of your life as well! Awesome! Can you put up the ped on your 5 month old Blue Pearl puppy as I am not familiar with that line of Bulldogs. This is the "Game Dog" site and Blue Bully's or any other Bully are not Game Dogs. Some of the people who you are trying to school and tell to "Shut Up" have been breeding, raising and showing these dogs for much longer than your young ass been breathing! I'm going to kick back with a beer and watch the show!!!!!! In... 3...2...1...

7. smalldog

smalldog Big Dog

He's 24 in this life.! He been reincarnated twice ..

Rock n Rye likes this.
  8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

SMH its another " its all how you raise them " and no this isn't a bully forum.Butttt I have saw more bully and bully / apbt mixes attacks in the last few yrs than I care to remember.Its a dam shame the APBT always get the blame.its people like you that always say I'd let my dog watch my kid before you , that wind up makin the front page.Well my dog had never shown amy agression at all towards humans, I just don't understand why he snapped !.

Rock n Rye likes this.
  9. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I raise my dog on black strap mollasses as it makes them sweeter and less likely to kill children!!!lol...

Blue pearl is a pitty or bully,,,
    not a real pitbull so dont speak on those...

wrong site...

Rock n Rye likes this.
  10. As has been stated I don't think it is bloodline specific, it takes someone who has put effort in his yard to guarantee these things. The best way to find out is to talk with some breeders. Chances are they know what they're feeding. While I enjoy the dialogue in this forum, and while I also see the amount of experience here it's just not personal enough for advice on what to bring into a home with your family. I had to get out and meet people, build trust, see dogs and let my children see dogs before I felt comfortable even thinking about it. I might not be an experienced dogman but I am an experienced father and with that I say make no quick decisions.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...good post T.C...

12. smalldog

smalldog Big Dog

Very well put T.C

13. blades

blades Pup

What if you take a game dog and raise from a pup in the house hold would that make the difference I was also curious I understand people have different opinions on what is good with kids it is consider if the dog is just passing or knocking the kid down because it is excited not bad just biting or nipping scares me.

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Could make a world of difference as they will be constantly be around eachother. Some though, It may not make any difference. More of a thing to judge on individuality. Also has much to do with owner competency. You get out what you put in. Both need to be taught what's expected around eachother, kid and dog. Talking to the breeder is usually your best bet. They can most times help you choose a more laid back type pup or dog than you just picking one out of a bunch. The breeder spends more time with them than anyone so their input is very valuable when looking for specifics other than I just want a pup.

Rock n Rye likes this.
  15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Most pups are going to nip, they are teething and that's just how they play. Pups mouth everything. It's the owners duty to teach the pup what exactly is expected and what won't be tolerated.

Rock n Rye likes this.
  16. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Breeder should know his dogs and he could have them for 50 years and only thing he can guarantee you is that when it gets older it will have teeth and it will bite. Now exactly what it will bite he cannot tell but whatever has teeth will bite, might just be a bone, might just be a tree or a chain. Maybe they bite the food bowl, maybe other animals or a small percentage do enjoy some human ass from time to time..

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I had a litter once and a couple were hotheaded lol.I reached down to pick up one of the hotheaded ones and didn't realize the other hotheaded pup was scratchin and he locked on my and and shook with all he had lol..Sometimes its accident is my point and I've had similar things happen with adults.Lost pants , shirts , blood etc lol

Rock n Rye likes this.
  18. blades

blades Pup

No I get it they are more mouthy and ruff then a typical breed I've had a few but I've never had one from a game bred background or a working kennel.

19. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

I have sat back and seen this post take flight. There has been a lot of Bulls@#+ posted. What this man and some others have posted is what's real. As for the 1 who has been breeding for 15 years U have a lot to learn and a long way to go your comment shows that but keep scratching and good luck.
    As far as this purlbully Bull$!+ you should not be speaking about things you don't know bully and pit are not 1 in the same.
    I also have a ? for my fellow hunters what the hell is going on with this bully X bullying buckshot I have been seeing really what the hell.
    Rough §rock KNL.

20. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

Sorry about the miss type
    What's all this Bullyson X bully breeding really why in the hell would u breed a game breed dog to a bully?