1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bloodlines that are good with children?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by The Keep Book, Mar 14, 2015.

1. If a dog is bought as a pup and raised with children that are loving and kind to it it should be loyal, loving and kind and protective of those children, That being said a dog/pup that is abused and mistreated or BRED from known Man Biting stock cannot be trusted period. Dogs should never be bred from such stock but as we all know, they are. Reputable dog men would never and should condemn the practice of breeding man biters no matter how good they are otherwise. In my outspoken opinion a man biter is not a true to type bull dog anyway, man biters are curs and should be culled. A well bred/treated that you raised dog wouldn't bite you even if you were stomping it to death much less bite a child.

2. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

if you stomping it to death it should bite you.

3. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

yeah the stomping to death was a bit much but other than that leady should run for the Council of Regulation of the Breeding practises of the Gamebred pitbull. You got my vote leady. And by the way i know i have bad spelling but this is a pitbull forum so stick it.

4. It certainly should, My point is a well bred one probably wouldn't, much less bite a child. Because it would go against a couple hundred years of Proper true to type breeding. Dogs bred for the pit, biting each other not two handlers and a referee.

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

LOL...Your igorance about this breed prevails, WHAT THE F ARE YOU USING IN WICHITA, USER 316??? Have you read a Stratton book or anyother???
    Or you posting out of hands on understanding??? THEY CANT DIFFERIATE BETWEEN A KID OR ANY OTHER SMALL PIECE OF MEAT ON THE FLOOR, REALLY...
    Sounds like some MEDIA BULLS#!+,,, MOVE ON THIS SITE IS NOT FOR YOU!!!

6. escobedo

escobedo Pup

Great post Pistola.

7. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Great read Pistols, this should be determined by the individual dog than the line or lines imo. I do believe game dogs can be raise with the family and should be. A true Gamebred APBT bred correctly is smarter than you could ever imagine. Like anything else you do it takes a little common sense. I have found they are much much better being raised with the family as a pup than adult. It would be hard to bring an animal around a child that u really don't know about than raising a pup to suit the needs of a family. These dogs must be supervised under conditions where kids are around. A MUST. Some are more trustworthy than others and honestly some don't belongs around anyone but the owners. A little thing that happen to me. My daughter grew up with most of my dogs, all as pups. My son was born wouldn't you know it 1 of my favorite dogs acted like he didn't approve of him..I got rid of him and never had a problem out of the rest of the yard to this day. No matter what I DO WITH THE DOGS they have to be loyal to the Family..u c I breed for those traits as well....Intelligence and soundness and for the true standard of the breed. No colors no mouth no big head no bluenose and gotti here. JMO I'm gonna also tell you that some will never be able to be trusted. But I have some good ones and it makes me love the breed... They just don't care for the hard knock on the door or the strangers. Lol

8. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

HEY my first APBT was given to me when I was 7 and we grew up together she died when I was 12 that's when I was 12 so yea use that for thought

9. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Nice share kenitodrake, I know it was many years ago but Im sorry for your loss...If you dont mind me asking, why did she have such a short life???
    You got any pics of her you can share???

10. siccen

siccen Big Dog

My pup loves to chase bunnies lizards, coyote's, and quail. He doesn't take a second glance at dove's, pigeons, or grackles. How's that for differentiating!

11. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

my neighbor shot her because his dog hopped over my fence and she killed it and he shot her

12. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

damn ken. i always worry that will happen to us. sorry for your loss.

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well if you keep your dogs confined to your property that shouldn't happen. Only way someone could shoot my dogs would be to come on to my property and if you come on my property with a weapon out I'm gonna shoot you and figure out why you were there later

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

14. kenitodrake

kenitodrake Big Dog

He shot her threw the gate

15. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Again sorry for the loss, any old pics you can share with us my friend...

16. Shyness and aggression are dominant traits for dogs. Intelligence is said to be higher with individuals who possess these traits and the recessive portion less smart but easy going family type bulldog. Many types of behaviors but genetics always plays a role especially if you breed man aggressive = man aggressive after a while of breeding that type. Not always for always exceptions to the rules and different levels.

17. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

I LOVE THIS THREAD AND WILL KEEP BUMPING IT UP MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST CHANGE THREAD NAME. There is a time in Science of of Metaphysics FIRST PART thats says there is no more need to go more beyond. The second part of METAPHYSICHS says no further study needs to go on. When we reached the peak and created the perfect Gamedog and the animal was perfect cause he was able demostrate GAMENESS so mission acomplished. NOT SO. IN the second part the backers of breeders that so called felt the breed need to further improve for whatever reason SMARTS, HARDER MOUTHS, ETC and the MANBITERS are known to have these qulaities were bred. With THIS BULLSHIT IDEOLOGY the gains in some parts of the breed have been there BUT along with the NEGATIVE TRAITS ALSO. THESE new creations are looking alot like just another strong breed of their own thers alot out there but they lack GAMENESS not all but with this IDEOLOGY behind in generations to come it will be lost. EP YOU POSTED DOGS FROME MEXICO THAT WERE THE TOAL PACKAGE FAMILY AND ALL. I HAVE A TIGHT REDBOY{a little jeep} DOG THAT IS THE TOTAL PACKAGE. He LOVES PEOPLE AND IT ENDS THERE. EVERYTHING ELSE IS A OPPONENT. SOME PEOPLE WANT A PITBULL FOR PROTECTION GET A ROTTWILER THE GAMEDOG IS AT ITS PUREST PEOPLE FRIENDLY, ANIMAL AGGRESSIVE, ATHLETIC,LOYAL IF YOUR LOOKING ANYTHING MORE GET ANOTHER BREED THEY DONT NEED TO IMPROVE ANYMORE

18. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Jack your right but there are lots that are the total package human friendly but not as many as lets say other lines and for lots of people as long as the surface looks good they will take one. And then those are GAME and thats all they need

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I wouldn't buy a game dog as a pet for a kid. Not because they may not be kid friendly, but because a kid can't control it. As for being good with them most game dogs are good with all humans they have regular contact with. And when I say most I mean most but you do have some dogs that aren't going to fit the bill

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

20. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Cajun i would keep a excite nipper and somthing like that but more than. For sure small kids going to get a black eye just from the wagging and no leaving them alone till the kid is like 10 or older cause if they do try to puul a dominate move you have to stop it right there. I wouldnt leave kids with dogs cause they try to pick their nose their eyes hug them owners have to teach the kids too.