1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bloodlines that are good with children?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by The Keep Book, Mar 14, 2015.

1. skip11

skip11 Pup

@keystone: I think the video I posted says it all. If you raise them to be a house dog, I don't see why they can't be good with children. Of course, always supervised just like with any breeds. If you just chain them up from little with no socialization at all with humans & children and take them off only when it'swork time, of course they're gonna be dangerous.

2. keystone

keystone CH Dog

yes right agk skip yard and house is different

3. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

AGK most always makes sense... Too bad ya not in my neck of the woods, I'd take you out for a beer:

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Greats posts, AGK.

5. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

Smmfh....shakin my motha****in head

6. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

Agk got somebody who worships his every word..

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Church in session mothafuckas!

Don't ask how come Mr. Preacher gots to have a nice car or or how come Mr Preacher gots to have a nice house, Just give the money....... :lol:

8. AGK

All kidding aside, I don't want anyone worshiping me, I'm far from perfect, I have however sucessfully raised dogs to co-exist together for almost 2 decades now and yes, even ones who have been in the deep woods. So, it is possible. Not with every dog but certian ones just seemed to be fine with it while others, there was just no way in hell it was going to work. Really just depends on the individual dog we are talking about.... I have also raised 2 children into these mutts their entire lives without incident, as have many many people before me. Personally, if a dog even looked sidways at one of my kids it be taking a dirt nap. It's not tolerated at all here, never has been. I prefer sound tempered dogs. If they aren't, they gone period. My Daughter has been around and seen it all with these mutts, yet has never had an issue with an APBT. She did however get bit in her face as a 3 year old child by a Jack Russell Terrier.. Go figure...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  9. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

when someone says somthings thats right on point thars just a way of saying respect, way cool, rastafari, blah, blagh for the record i dont goto church

10. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...depends on the individual dog..is bang on agk...regardless off the breed...think thats what a-lot off us were trying to say..and ya got it worded right..nice one

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

All good post AGK...
    I believe theres three contributers to raising dogs with children and evan further out the box, being able to coexist together...
    Both the individual dog and master, as well as stable genetics and you seem to have all three!!!
    I'll go back to my first comment about the TOBE ex ROSE bulldogs of being a very stable line with people of any size or age...
    Jimmy Boots and his nephew Hanks blood has consistantly thrown a majority stable individuals...
    Mr.Stratton had the two brothers that were sons of Little Boots that coexisted, with the right guidence of coarse...
    Alot of different DirtyMary lines show alot of smarts and affection towards humans, AGKs are a fine example...NOT TO MENTION...
    Another note of consideration is how many generations were raised by heel has to improve the % of smarts as well as an overall human familiarity...IDK...

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..common sense with young kids+dogs..regardless off breed..full-stop..???

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Common sense isn't that common, that's the problem. What some do and assume others would, everyone doesn't, that is where the probs occur.

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

14. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..THATS TRUE..CB..people to-day are lacking for sure.......do what the priest says,,not what the priest do's....lol...

15. user316

user316 Pup

When dogs attack little children it's not because they are necessarily human-aggressive but because they have a natural pray drive. Terriers and other hunting dogs have an instinct to grab smaller animals like foxes, rodents, birds etc. There was even a sport in England called rat-baiting which included the precursors of modern pitbulls hunting rats in the pit. I'm not an expert on animal intelligence but I don't think these dogs can differentiate between between small children and small animals.

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Thats a certian type of human and or child aggressive type biter, one with undeferiated prey drive... or fight crazy with no bounds...
    But most the bulldogs ive been around are smart enough to be in tune with human kind, let alone being good with pups and other animals, so...
    In my twenty plus years with the buldogs, id say thats such a rare trait that shouldnt be tolerated, one of the best things that seperates these bulldogs from any other dog is thier natuarl instinct to not bite handelers in the mist of combat... It happens but its more rare than not and should not be tolerated...
    If you have a bulldog with human prey drive you better give it to someone who would have already directed that agression, IMO...
    Redirect the bulldogs aggresion and if it no longer has a human prey drive, than you know it was lack of genetic instinct and human direction...
    If it still wants to bite humans , bury them with the mfs that allow that skip...
    USER316 is a perfect example of someone who shouldnt have bulldogs around kids, let alone humans...OR OWN ON AT ALL!!!

17. AGK

I disagree with users comment they can't tell the difference between a child and a small animal. That's giving very little credit to the intelligence these mutts have. I have seen on more than a few occasions where one of my dogs and my son or daughter was looking out the window together and someone walk by with a dog on a leash. My dog would go ape shit with focus on the other dog, turn and lick my kid then go right back to psychopath and never disassociate it's agreesion. I feel they can most certianly distinguish between a child and a prey animal of whatever variety. Obviously I'm referring to dogs who are socialized with kids, not some adult dog that's spent it's whole life on a chain, unsocialized with anything other than the person who comes to feed it. Kids should also be taught how to properly act around dogs as well. That is just as important as socializing the dog to the child. Kids tend to make prey like movements, sounds, squeels, pulling ears, hair or hanging on the dogs neck etc. Especially kids under 8.

18. user316

user316 Pup

Elias'pistola, your flawed logic reminds me of gun prohibitionists who put the blame for gun related accidents on firearms. Dogs attacking infants is not the same behavioral trait as dogs attacking handlers and other adults. It might be the same (or worse) from human perspective but it's not the same from dog's perspective, especially not dogs intensively bread and trained to bite small moving objects like ropes or tires. They cannot differentiate between a kid and any other small piece of meat moving on the floor. So if such accidents take place it's not the dog's fault but irresponsible handler's fault.

19. user316

user316 Pup

My dog was from the working line, he was perfectly socialized, never attacked family members or strangers, but I've NEVER let him alone with kids. Not because I suspected he was human aggressive but because I've noticed his inborn drive to bite just about any small interesting object.... like a plastic puppet baby on the floor.

20. AGK

I don't believe anyone mentioned leaving children alone with dogs, not just this breed but ANY dog. That's just bad parenting. Lol

as far as the from working lines comment,

[​IMG]

That dog in the picture is very well known, not only for the dogs behind him but he himself is accomplished. His brother is a very well know Gr Ch.... Not just from working lines but is a worker himself, and a good one at that... lol

Like I said before, certain dogs will not be good around children while others will, just depends on the individual animal. Whether from working lines or show, don't make much difference as each is its own individual.