1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bloodlines that are good with children?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by The Keep Book, Mar 14, 2015.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

jacob there is a line out there just like your talking about . it's the MC Hammer dog line . ask treez about it if your looking for the total package .

2. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

whoohhhhhha oooohhhaa i love this shit mc hammer ha ah come on goat pistola was was talking about them gr ch hank and rosie im sure there is lots its just easier to buy whats in front of you check out saint benedicts baily good line. mc hammer. Im more of a dmx fan

3. Scaggs ch tommy dog in your pedigree I could cut loose in park with kids and dogs he was well sociol iced even after winning in 247 over 4x winner

4. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

and there we have it tommy under the guidance of scotty proved to the faternity that this exist. You better not be fibbing scotty i got money on this 4 winner playing with kids and dogs at the park. but like i said gr ch ilantas is on you tube playing on the streets dont be jealous because some of you guys own dogs that think their german shepards or rottweiler not typical of the breed guys but what does it matter you all paid 2000 fu....g for a pup and he has a great mouth. You know what you could do with that dog start your breed and call them mouthdogs

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Great read Old Goat, I couldnt agree enough...
    Super Flash is a fine repersentation of a well bred and balanced bulldog that I can admire...
    PosstmanDan Thank you for your insight and experiences, the dog in question couldnt defferate its agression from bulldog to child is a shame...
    S.Scaggs, Thank you for sharing the comment on the Ch Tommy dog, how was he bred???
    A friend is as pleased as can be with his Llantes daughter, just as out going and biddable as her sire...
    All game bloodlines should be good with children and bitting humans is a cur move that should be culled...

6. Staub

Staub Big Dog

I would like to say that as a kid my parents chose these dogs as my sister and I's pets and show dogs. Everything was fine, but my first two killed the neighbors dog and were deemed as dangerous. Luckily we moved them and then moved ourselves so we got to keep our childhood dogs. Although I grew up like this, I am very cautious with the six year old I live with. I don't even own game dogs, one was bred for show, the other came from hog hunting background. However my youngest dog is the most leash aggressive animal I've ever owned and I would never dream of letting a kid walk her, she's just too much. And also as others have said, the most loving dog can get excited and accidentally hurt someone. Although some people think my dogs are well trained, I never let them carry on that illusion, they are still dogs and can make mistakes just like us. I also never let anyone else's child unattended around my dogs and they usually only get on leash contact.

7. monkman75

monkman75 Pup

I don't think you can single out a particular lineage and expect it to be good with kids. Any line you pick will need supervision around kids imo.

8. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

elias pistol= now I don't argue with folks on here because it's dumb to but I fell you need to be corrected. what cain did I don't believe was what folks think of as human aggressive. the dog did what a dog is partially intended for- the protection of its family. honestly if any person put a hand on me or my family and the right dog is in the yard yes you will get bit. will you get attacked by the dog for no reason-- nope. dan

9. chef_kergin

chef_kergin Big Dog

Not to thread jack, and while I completely agree 100% with this statement, if that was the case with the folks who raised and helped shape the breed to what it is today, we wouldn't have the MAJORITY of dogs down from what we have today (using "we" as a collective). You can find newspaper articles about one of John Colby's dogs attacking and killing his two year old nephew Bert (Colby) Leadbetter on his yard back in 1909. The list goes on and on, I won't waste my time citing other examples for people.

Again, I agree with your statement, but the original purpose behind these dogs (gambling) tends to make one throw good judgement to the wind.

10. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I agree with what a lot of people have said. There is no specific line that produces a dog that is consistently good with kids. It's all on a dog by dog basis. I would not let my kids roam chain spots playing with dogs but there are certain dogs that I have or have had that I would or did let my kids pet or love on them, with me right there of course.

11. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Side note: OG is the one to talk to about the MC Hammer dogs. Him and his partner have big plans.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'm waiting to get me something of GR CH 2 Legit 2 Quit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

Gr Ch 2 Legit x Ch Can't Touch This gonna be pure fire. I would never leave a child unattended for even a second with any animals. My fear with these dogs is that they get excited and can/will knock a small child over or scratch them with claws. My dog would drag a kid down the street on first sight of a squirrel or cat. Not sure why anyone would want a game dog to play with kids as there are too many things that can happen. Treat your animals as you would a loaded weapon in the fact that they should be respected but not feared. Just use common sense if any is still available. I think older dogs would be best as they have the patience for the young ones.

14. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

good with children = walking up to and petting, child making weird noises, huggin fido (a big no no) and legit licks child WHILE ON A CHAIN. Haggin out around the house all day long unsupervised i dont know. It has been done. Confident owners make confident dogs.

15. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

That maybe the dumbest shit I've heard said, the average APBT will do what you described, but if your gonna have kids running around your chainspots maybe you don't need any dogs right now. The kids should be the priority right? And it doesn't matter how good a dog has done around kids the next time could be a disaster, so you should never leave them unattended with kids

16. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

not even going to bother isolation is great for dogs and some people who havent bin exposed to differnt situations from young and therefore see everthing as a threat we have a small village way up in the country small gene pool man everytime they see a person coming up the road they reach for their rifel just scared gotta watch everything man it could be a disaster

17. gilamonster

gilamonster Big Dog

I can see there are a few that have standards of what they want or expect in a bulldog.I have read most of the coments up until now. Now there are certain sayings,puns,cliches that are said/used. There's a reason why they stuck around. It's because they where true! "A boy and his dog" ... "A mans best friend." ect... You can tell the boots from the salty dogs when you read posts. I read it said that all dogs are individuals. True just like no two humans are exactly alike, and the bulldog is not for everyone I agree with this. What I see is different levels of dog sense or understanding. It take's a lot of time, experience,patience, perseverance,dedication and love for these dogs to even scratch the surface of it all. Lets face it the dog(not just the apbt) is one of the greatest engineering marvels man has ever had a hand in. Just look at all the different types of dogs there are jobs, specialties, work that they do. I could go on and on, but you get the point. I'm trying to stay on subject. You have to raise your standards in regard to what you want or expect the dog to be. This means not settling on one from a certain breeder,bloodline ect.. Until the knowlede you have of the breed is equal to or better than your own.{Some will never even Get what I'm trying to emphasize here!} I want my bulldog to be intelligent, confident,sound,healthy,loyal unwavering temperament, tractable, traceable, willing to lay down his life if need be.Good with people ect...ect... YOU CAN keep those high strung,prey driven, nervy, curs that cant differentiate a threat from a pup, mut or real bulldog. Get off the computer and put in work. Read the thousands of books about bulldogs that have been written by some of the greatest bulldog men in history. If your one of the individuals that thinks other wise you've still got a ton to learn. JMPO. P.S Dibo had free reign of H.H yard.He even went to feed the rest of the yard when he did. "The apbt can do anything any other dog can do and then whip him as well." John p. Colby "Givin some of these guys a bulldog is like givin a monkey a hand grenade...."Howard Heinzl "I asked God for a best friend. He gave me an American Pit Bull Terrier." -Earl Tudor

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

So you would suggest leaving small children unattended? I'm pretty sure that every dog that ever attacked someone, the owner at some point thought the dog was safe, and at some point something happened that changed that, I agree that I socialize pups with kids at a young age, I agree that at times my dogs play with kids, however I wouldn't want one of my dogs to be a child's pet, because at times they need a stern hand to keep then out of trouble. If you want a bulldog that will be safe to let your kids be around, pick any line and raise it around them, just don't leave them unattended for long periods of time. Because you can't really depend on a certain line throwing a certain type dog.... If that was the case I guarantee there wouldn't be curs lol! But bottom line is yes these dogs should be people friendly, but I'm a grown ass man that has a good bit of experience with these dogs and I don't trust any dog that I haven't raised, it's not about condoning man eaters as much as it is saying take it upon yourself to leave no room for that type shit to happen.

19. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

god damn cajun that was right on better than your last insight who would have known

20. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well it's just that the simple logic I stated is the type of thing I live by, so sometimes it just baffles me that people try to make shit so fucking complicated. The things I said in my last post were things I assumed were implied knowledge within these dogs, the man eater is occasional but for the most part rare. A dog that can fly off the handle and do some stupid shit comes a lot more often, so I don't trust my dogs to be alone with people who can't handle dogs, have a few that I don't trust with anyone but me, doesn't mean, they are unsafe. I just owe it to them to keep them out of shit, kinda like you keep your drunk buddy inline best you can to keep him out of the klink