1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ftao Lee D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jacko, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

;) LOL

a couple weeks back i picked up a new Wetterlings wildlife hatchet and a Barco double bit axe that i just finished putting an edge on. the hatchet went to my backpack for camp chores and the Barco is just for fun. when i need to cut alotta wood the chainsaw gets used, but when i wanna go old school i break out an axe.

look at Condor or Cold Steels stuff if youre in the market for a well made affordable tomahawk...they really arent my thing so i dont have any, but i have spent many afternoons throwing a Cold Steel tomahawk(not sure which model), and i did enjoy the challenge

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  2. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

Lol!! Thanks I'm always looking to add more Zombie tools!!

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

do you have any of Kabars zombie killers? lol
    the first ones were made in taiwan, but i was told by Tooj at Kabar that the newer ones are going to be made here in the USA

http://www.kabar.com/knives/military-tactical

scroll down, theyre the green handled ones

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  4. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

No but a new Kabar is on my list.. If I had the cash I would like to invest in a Winkler hawk or a RMJ..

5. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Just added this one to my collection

Svord Main Menu

Took it out for some testing today and it goes through small trees with little to no effort. And the edge is still shaving sharp without touching it up after.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

the dealer that i get my Condors and Moras from carries Svord products and he keeps telling me i need to give em a try.

7. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Im happy with it so far, and feel it will cover my needs as a big blade. The weight and everything about is nice. Maybe too big and heavy for some. Have only read good stuff about Svord so I got it. I like the rustic, unpolished look on some of their stuff. And its L6 tool steel so it should be good

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

and yet another LOL...showed up in the mail yesterday. i traded a folder that i forgot i even had to the owner of this one because my knife completed a collection of his. i made out like a BANDIT on this deal, so i couldnt resist. didnt really need another defensive type folder, but it is new in box, unused. now i gotta decide if i should just put it up, or carry it...i am so tempted, this knife is sweet

The discontinued Spyderco Rookie, aka the "Baby Police"--hard to find, and even harder to find in G10. The Rookie packs a full 3" swedged VG-10 blade in a handle more akin to the Dragonfly than the Delica--one of the best blade-to-handle ratios Spyderco ever offered. Has a steel liner on one side only (light and thin knife.) This was a sprint run 4 years ago. Very nice mirror V-edge on this and a downright wicked point.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  9. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Very nice looking knife.

10. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Cool knife. I personally am not really a fan of the spyderco due to the unique blade shape and the "thumb hole" instead of a knob. But hear they are very nice and well made. Looks like you can get a wicked edge on that thing. What is the handle material? You say G10? It looks really good.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yep, G10 handle with VG-10 blade. if you have never had a spyderco, give em a try man. they have some nice models that are in the 30-50 range and trust me, they do grow on you. i was a benchmade guy for many many years, but after deciding to give em a try awhile back, i would now buy a spyderco over a benchmade.... they are that well made.

12. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Maybe next time, still breaking in my latest. I am due for an upgrade in the folder department though. But shoot, that izula will hold me down. For 50-70 I can get me that new pflueger fishing reel that just came out.

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

ya know those Izula folders theyve been promising ESEE fans forever?(like 3 years) well i started a rant thread about em on bladeforum and got a pm from a fella and he said they are on schedule to finally be on the market early next year. since folders arent really their specialty (this'll be their first) it seems theyre gonna outsource a few of the parts, and were having trouble finding a manufacturer that was worthy of the ESEE name. im waiting....ive been waiting LOL

heres the pic that they had up on the ESEE website.....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
  14. MCS

MCS CH Dog

That is sweet. Are they still gonna be made in the USA? and any word on the warranty same as their other knives? I am open though that is part of the fun having an assortment of manufacturers but if it is anything like their fixed blades then it will be worth it.

What is your opinions on the Kabar folders? I know they are not USA made, Taiwan, but I was eyeing the bacon maker folder and the dozer phat bob. Thought they would be worth it, especially the phat bob.

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

they absolutely will be 100% made in the USA, thats why its taken so long to get them past the prototype stage. folders generally cost more than fixed blades and im hoping theyre wanting to be able to sell them at a working mans price. as for the warranty, im ASSUMING they will be the same...ESEE has an outstanding track record when it comes to standing behind their products......break it, they replace it.

i like all KaBar knives. dont let the Taiwan thing freak ya out, they are good knives. according to Toooj at KaBar some of their models are going to be now made in the US this year and are to be available as of this month. aside from the Zombie Knives im not sure what if any others will be included. ive personally handled that Dozier designed phat bob and its a beast.

id like to add....many spyderco loyalist will tell you over and over again that the spydercos with the best fit and finish are the ones from taiwan.

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

after watching this video and reading tons of positive feedback i bought an Ontario Rat 1 a couple weeks back ...a taiwan made knife, and it might be the "best bang for the buck" out there(less than $30)...im truly impressed with this folder. dont let it spook ya man, im finding that knives marked "made in taiwan" and "made in china" are worlds apart.

i would be completely ok if this was the only folder i owned. thats how much it has impressed me

[video=youtube;p39s9e7vBiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p39s9e7vBiw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  17. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Yeah I figure the Taiwan knives weren't bad. Benchmade lone wolf and that other series, bone collector I think, are made there I believe. China really is the problem, their steel is crap.

I also ran across a couple other knife companies I liked. Black jack the 125 model. Admittedly the remind me of a more affordable Randal made knife. U a fan of the convex edge? I also like the Spanish Muela knives. The bison with one of the Olive wood handles, but they have a few onmy wish list, sh series, the colibri, rebeco, and kodiak. Lol

18. Sabong1

Sabong1 Big Dog

THanks a lot Lee! Now I'm gonna have to spend money again just to see if i will be impressed.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you will bud. i dont impress easily

20. MCS

MCS CH Dog

I have seen the Ontario/Rat 3 before. But this Rat 1 collaboration is interesting seeing how u posted the Esee folder. I wonder what is the affiliations with Ontario and Kabar that rat/esee have? Is it the design and the manufacturing is done soley by Kabar or Ontario? Or does Rat/Esee make the blades, because doesn't from the video I saw on the Esee web, have a heat process that gets their steel blades a few knotches higer on the rockwell scale? I just found that rat 1 for 30.97 at knifeplus.com...pretty affrodable! I see it is Aus 8 steel, u know where are these knifes,Ontario rat 1, made?