1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

foul play

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by enjoi, Nov 7, 2006.

1. enjoi

enjoi Big Dog

My dog is gone. I woke up his leash was cut. This happened a couple weeks ago.. He had a 20 foot chain but he bent the clip so I had to take a 4ft leash and attach it to the chain to use the clasp (make sense?). So someone cut his leash, the cops picked him up for running at large and left a police report on my door. I talked to my neighbor (I live in a duplex) and he said "the cops came to my door because he was barking" BUT, that's not what the police report says. I'm dead broke and I had no money to get him out of the pound :( I miss him so much and I know it was probably my neighbor who cut his leash because he always let his stupid mutt out off leash and was scared my dog on his chain in MY yard would kill him. Being mad and sad at the same time is sucky.

2. tnob

tnob Big Dog

Im willing to bet he chewed through the leash. I have seen it happen before.

3. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I really hope your neighbors had nothing to do with it. When I was a kid, one of our neighbors cut our Borzoi loose cuz she was barking while we were at the store. We never saw the dog again. We know it was them cuz they had threatened my parents before they would do something to keep the dog from barking (btw, I learned alot of what I know about dogs by doing the opposite of what my parents did). I never forgave these people, and did some pretty mean things to them just to let them know they weren't forgiven. Were I in your shoes and found out my neighbor did it, I would be short one neighbor pretty quickly......

4. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

soory to hear that did u check the leach some times they bite throuh it.

5. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Wow, thats awful for the dog whether he chewed the leash or was cut loose...How much was the pound going to charge? I would have pawned everything but my kids. I'm sorry to hear that.

6. gil230

gil230 Big Dog

Yup. I think he chewed through it also. My dog chewed through his once when I tied him in the back of the Jeep while I went back into the house to get his water bottle.

7. Suki

Suki Guest

that stinks, ....:(

sorry for your dilema, by some miracle, I HOPE you are reunited, and then he is properly secured. I will be thinking {{{{{{{good thoughts}}}}}}} for you.

8. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I would never leave any of my dogs on a long line in my yard and not be watching them. If your neighbor was afraid why would he cut the leash? I would agree he chewed throw it. I would also never leave one of my dogs in the pound.

9. enjoi

enjoi Big Dog

thanks for the sympathy from the ones who understood.. my neighbors weren't scared of him biting them, they were scared of him hurting their dog. I'm not an idiot, I know the difference between a chewed leash and a straight edge cut. Thanks for the low blows, if I had the money I would still have my dog..I didn't want to explain my whole life story but to defend myself, I can't even pay my rent. So there.

10. now thats love
    me i would pawn my kids but then they are grown men now
    get more money for them ......

11. can you get someone to get him out for you and hold him....
    but then again im kinda spoiled i do it for my friends and they
    would do it for me...

soooo sorry hope you manage to get your dog back
    and get things straight ......

best wishes may the tide turn for you

12. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

sorry if you think what I said was a low blow,,I just want people to understand that these dogs,, especially these dogs,, should not be left on a long line with no-one watching them,,this is the kind of stuff I hear about all day long,,money is tight for everyone right now,,you have to own some responsiblity for this,,,I truly am sorry for the dog,,he dosen't desearve to sit in the pound.

13. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

The way I see it is, if one of my family members was wrongly accused, and put on death row, but I could get them out for $50 or $100 or $200..would I get them out? Hell yeah, and I consider my dogs my family, they are mine, I am responsible for them, I love them, and I would never let them sit on death row.

14. PitbullLover

PitbullLover Big Dog

Good luck! I hope you can find the money to spring your pup......I feel for ya.....best of luck!

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Wow, 4 bucks for a laplink and bullsnap, if you cant afford that, did you really need the dog? I am sorry for your loss, I feel ya, and I aint kicking you, whatever the pound costs, I am sure it is more than 4 bucks, and if you couldnet afford 4 bucks to fix the chain, what were you feeding the dog? And if you think people are throwing low blows at you, you aint been around here very long, cause I am suprised someone hasnt jumped on you with 6 feet and 12 fists!!

16. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I would 2nd that notion. I have put a dog on a nylon horse lead while i cleaned their area, it took one good bite, and off he went. The lead looked like it has been cut. This is a good reason to NEVER leave a dog on anything but a chain. I learned my lesson on that one ... and i only had my back turned for 2 mins! lol

17. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

exactly. we arent trying to give you low blows, tryin to educate. I for one, cant make sense of why on earth you would leave a dog alone with a nylon lead. Even if it were true that your neighbors cut the leash (which i would think it would be much easier for them to just unhook the snap), i bet it wouldnt have been much after that the dog figured out that nylon is chewable.

IMO if i had no extra hardware, and something broke, that dog would either be inside in a crate while i ran to the hardware store, or he would accompany me to go get new stuff.

And i am curious as well, if you have no money at all, how was the dog eating? :confused:

18. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

i think you guys scared him off :( sorry for ur loss if there not putting the dog down maybe he will goto a better place..

19. Jake01

Jake01 Big Dog

Don't feel bad, the kid next door steals dog food from my back yard and lets my heeler out all the time. I usually find him sitting on the front porch in the mornings. I started putting up the cattle fence because of that. I can't wait until he grabs that wire!

20. game_test

game_test Top Dog

I Cannot Fathom Why Some People Feel They Should Take The Responsibilty Of A Life Into Thier Hands When They Cant Even Afford To Pay For The Place They Live. It Is Insane!