1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For the kibble people

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by bukskin.banks, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Exceed is packaged by Members Mark I beleave???
    Exceed from sams is cheaper at walmart, same product different name OL ROY .
    People hate OL ROY but dont mind EXCEED???
    Corn fillers are good insulation if your dog house isnt equipped.Just joking...
    I tried OL ROY durring the winter months and cant say anything good besides its cheap at @ $25 for 50 pounds.
    I prefer KIRKLAND lamb & rice @ $ 30 for 40 pounds ,with a little olive oil for fat in the winter.I feed less and my dogs look & empty better than OL ROY/EXCEED.

2. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Exceed is different then Ol Roy.

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Same product,same kibble,same ingredients manufactured in the same plant in the same 50 pnd bag with a different label as far as I recall.

4. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

who feeds retreiver from TSC?

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I've seen it, don't use it tho. I have used it occasionally when I forget that I've ran out of dogfood and its sunday

I have a lot of growing up to do. I realized that the other day inside my fort.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Nothing bad to say about it but I can't say much good because I've never used it over an extended period of time

I have a lot of growing up to do. I realized that the other day inside my fort.

7. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

No it's not, Exceed is either chicken and rice or lamb and rice. An they come in 44lb bags.

8. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

lots of opinions on this, but pretty much the 'rule of thumb ' is, make the switch when the pup has reached 90 - 100% of its full adult height & weight. just depends on how fast your dog grows. up the proteins as a pup to sustain growth. as adults, to maintain

9. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

my girl is 11 months and has been on Orijen puppy since she was about 3 months. I will soon be switching her to the Six Fish and the Reginal Red. mixing.

10. da boss

da boss Pup

Is kirklands seriously a good feed guys?

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

When it gets warmer im going to switch from Kirkland Lamb & Rice to the grainfree Beef & Sweet potatoe.The same price $30 a bag only 10 pnds less(30pds).I figure that i feed extra in the winter that i should brake even insted of hanvng extra 10 pds.Ive been feeding the house dogs Salmon & sweet potatoe for $5 more and they look ready for the con shows,lol.I bought it cause a dog i have had possibly grain or chicken allergies and it was the answer,I was feeding her grain free rachel ray from walmart,seemed okay but alot more expesive than kirkland.
    You need a $50 membership yearly to go to costco if they have them in your area, I cant afford anything better.
    KIRKLAND is the best mid grade food avalible and the grain free is probably on the low end of high grade foods .

12. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

i feed six fish, nothing but very pleased. best kibble out there

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I shop and the feed and grain store!

Sincerely Yours, Cajun